- Washington, DC, USA
- 57500 Annually
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Retirement Plan, 403b, Paid Annual and Sick Leave, Employer Paid Life and Long Term Disability, FREE Theater Tickets
WHO WE ARE
Arena Stage is the voice of American theatre resident in our nation's capital. Focused on American artists, our productions are innovative and representative of stories from across the country. We nurture new plays and reimagine classics. We celebrate our democracy and diversity through a multitude of voices in our productions and community engagement programs to inspire people to action.
WHAT WE VALUE
A work culture that values experimentation and collaboration.
Excellence in all aspects of our endeavor.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion throughout the Organization and within our audience and the community.
Community Service through education and public engagement.
Lead effective partnerships and collaboration to serve artists and arts professionals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Assist the Lighting Supervisor in managing and executing all aspects of the operation of the Arena Stage Lighting Department.
- Five years of professional theatrical lighting experience or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Must have some supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of theatrical lighting equipment operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Basic electrical knowledge, including troubleshooting single phase, multi-phase and low voltage power systems.
- Operation of ETC EOS family computer lighting consoles or comparable.
- Operation of personnel lifts.
- Operation of counter weight fly systems and basic stage rigging practices
- Operation of common portable and stationary power tools.
- Knowledge of ETC Sensor AF dimming systems including ETC Concert software and architectural lighting controls.
- Working knowledge of wired and wireless computer networking
- Operation of automated lighting fixtures.
- Communicate and collaborate in a positive manner with staff and visiting artists
- Must be able to lift 60lbs, and able to climb and work from lifts/ladders with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Climbing ladders, working in high places with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Working in confined spaces with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work standing for extended periods with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work seated for extended periods with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work kneeling for extended periods with or without reasonable accommodation.
KEY FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepare Lighting Plots for installation and execution.
- Lead and work alongside staff and crews for hang and maintenance calls.
- Troubleshoot and repair lighting equipment as needed.
- Prepare, install and support events as needed and interact with clients in a courteous, professional, and constructive fashion.
- Creating and organizing department calendars and work calls.
- Program and operate lighting control board on a substitute basis when needed.
- Perform maintenance on lighting equipment.
- Assist in supervision of Lighting staff and assume Lighting Supervisor's duties as needed.
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that puts the health and safety of our staff and guest artists first.
It is now increasingly clear that the best way we can protect our workplace and our employees moving forward is with COVID-19 vaccines. Vaccines have been proven to protect against serious illness from the novel coronavirus, as well as lessen the rates of transmission. Vaccines provide stronger, longer, and better protection against infection from the novel coronavirus than the antibodies a person produces after they've been infected with COVID-19. It is for all these reasons, plus the legal requirement by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's General Duty clause to provide each worker "employment and a place of employment, which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm," that we are implementing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for our workplace.
The Washington Drama Society, Inc., Arena Stage does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources at email@example.com or call 202-488-3300.