AP Precision Metals, Inc. was founded in 1998 by Lane Litke and Victor Miller out of a necessity for reliable metal products for their growing robotics company, Arc Products. Thanks to that focus on quality and reliability, AP Precision Metals has dramatically expanded its customer base and manufacturing capabilities. We've installed industry-leading machinery over the last 5 years and continue to invest in order to maintain our competitive edge. Today we are a core supplier for major private and publicly traded companies in San Diego. Nevertheless, we retain our founding principle: to be a stable, long-term, fabricator for small and medium-sized businesses in the region.
Many of our employees have been with us since the very beginning. A generous IRA, healthcare, and a focus on regular training have allowed us to take many employees from unskilled labor to high-paid technicians. We take pride in the customers we serve and just as much pride in the health and success of our team and their families.
AP Precision Metals, Inc. is looking for an experienced Quality Control Technician to join our team. This is a 1st or 2nd shift opening.
- 80% of the typical workweek is spent on the factory floor, taking on-the-spot measurements with calipers, checking pem installation, inspecting welds, inspecting grinding, and inspecting edge quality, pre-paint finish, post-paint finish, and packing.
- 10% of the week is spent completing Non-Conformance Reports and corresponding with customer QA personel and fellow managers.
- 10% of the week may be spent in meetings or training new co-workers who are presenting quality issues.
- 2+ years of Sheet Metal QA experience
- Reading technical prints (dimensions, finishes, tolerance ranges, hardware)
- Using digital and manual calipers
- Using pin gauges
- Experience in ISO:9001 and or LSSI work environments.
- Experience operating and setting up Press Brakes, Welders, Edge Rounders, Belt Sanders
This is on the shop floor part measurement and visual inspection. Not QC room CMM machining inspection
Hiring for 1st and 2nd shift. 1st Shift is approximately 6:00am-2:30pm, 2nd shift is 2:15pm-10:45pm.
Does this sound like the role for you? Please click "Apply Now" to complete our quick, 3-minute application!