- 20-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Bowling Green, OH, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, Bonus Opportunities, and More!
A-Gas is the global expert in the supply and full life-cycle management of specialty chemicals and gases, providing refrigerants, blowing agents, fire protection agents, and carbon credit offsets to our customers around the world. With industry-leading recovery, reclamation, and gas processing technologies, A-Gas continues to lead the industry in developing cutting-edge solutions designed to protect the environment through the reduction of global warming gases being released into the atmosphere. For more information on A-Gas, and our environmental journey, please go to www.agas.com/us.
We are looking for a Project Engineer to work in our Bowling Green, Ohio facility. This role will both lead capital projects and provide process engineering support for the Bowling Green site. The person in this role must effectively communicate with a cross-disciplinary Engineering Team and coordinate with our Operations and Maintenance Teams to provide solutions and improvements across American sites.
The Plant Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, controlling and optimizing current chemical processes. They will also serve as a project manager for selected improvement projects.
Primary Place of Work
Bowling Green, OH
- Project Management:
- Direct and design capital projects ensuring that projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and within project specifications
- Act as the project manager on all aspects of engineering projects including, but not limited to budget preparation, project planning with timelines, risk assessments, supervision of construction phases, progress chasing, contractor organization, and preparation of work instructions.
- Ensure risk assessments and hazard identification are carried out for all tasks being undertaken by you, your colleagues, and sub-contractors under your direct control. Implement any necessary control measures and risk assessments
- Follow the Engineering project process including management of change, risk assessment, HAZID, HAZOP, and pre-start-up safety reviews.
- Provide support and technical evaluation for the purchase of capital equipment and external Engineering resources
- Process Support:
- Source equipment and purchase as necessary
- Create and modify P&IDs
- Perform equipment sizing and other design work as needed
- Assist in troubleshooting and mechanical repairs for machines and equipment
- Identify, initiate, and lead continuous improvement projects
- Create technical specifications
- Create standard operating procedures and train staff on these
- Have frequent communication with facility Maintenance Team and assist in troubleshooting equipment
- Support the team with repairs for the whole site and equipment development so that all equipment is operating at a high aesthetic standard.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in an operational/chemical processing environment
- Experience in PSM-covered processes & sites
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Understand piping calculations and pump specifications
- Ability to create P&ID drawings
- Previous experience/knowledge of the oil and/or gas sector
- Experience managing engineering projects from concept to delivery
- Experience using AutoCAD or similar design software
- Working knowledge of PLC's, DCS systems
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint
- Experience coordinating and working directly with subcontractors
- Experience working in compressed gas or related chemical industry
- Experience with MS Project
- Understanding of chemical processing techniques, particularly fractional distillation, and refrigeration
- Knowledge of electrical and civil engineering principles
- Experience with pressurized liquefied gas systems
- Experience in the specification of high-pressure gas systems
- Ability to design and configure process control systems
- Sub-contract management experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
Skills and Competencies
- Task and Project
- A planned and methodical approach, documenting lists of outstanding tasks; able to structure and schedule tasks appropriately
- Able to develop efficient processes, consider and manage projects successfully and identify and manage risk responsibly
- Able to analyze problems and implement effective solutions
- Able to make effective decisions, seek advice when required, able to appreciate different perspectives and the wider business implications
- Leadership, teamwork, and communication
- Work cooperatively with others on multidisciplinary projects: exchanging information and supporting colleagues to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams and build relationships both internally and externally
- Use actions that indicate consideration for feelings and the needs of others; have awareness of others and the environment and of your impact on these.
- Ability to make yourself understood when communicating verbally and in writing; can communicate legibly and concisely
- Self-Management and Motivation
- Able to take responsibility for professional development and ensure knowledge is up to date
- Confident, enthusiastic, and team-oriented
- Well organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate talent in a range of different activities as well as being able to adapt to new situations whether that be changing environments or adapting to conflicting priorities
- Uses own initiative to complete a task
- Takes responsibility for professional development and ensuring knowledge is up to date;
Pay will be commensurate with experience. The targeted salary will be based on the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. This position is also eligible for an Employee Incentive Program.
A-Gas offers generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), a 401(k), company-paid short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, training initiatives, professional certifications, and tuition reimbursement. It is an exciting time to be a part of A-Gas, come grow with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!