- Southampton, PA, USA
- Full Time
Great benefits (health, dental, vision, disability, 401k, PTO)
Schiller Grounds Care, Inc., a global manufacturer of highly sought-after lawn care equipment, is seeking a Procurement/Purchasing Manager to join the team at our facility in Southampton, PA.
If you have proven experience as a Purchasing Manager or senior-level Buyer, this is an opportunity you need to explore! Experience with sheet metal is a huge plus!
Why you should join the Schiller Grounds Care team:
- Excellent Salary plus annual merit increase potential!
- Job Satisfaction/Career fulfillment: Feel accomplished knowing that you play a critical role in designing and improving lawn care equipment used all over the world.
- Competitive Benefits Package: Includes medical, dental, vision, ancillary, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, PTO, and more.
- Varied Projects: Be excited to come into a role where every day brings new and exciting challenges to work on. Collaborate with senior management and make invaluable contributions to developing and improving products.
- Career Growth: This is an opportunity to come into a hands-on, collaborative role with diverse responsibilities that allows you to explore different career paths and help you identify your most successful path forward.
- Supportive Culture: Experience peace of mind knowing that you are surrounded by a supportive team of experts and enjoy a positive work environment and culture.
Job purpose and responsibilities:
The Procurement/Purchasing Manager is responsible for leading a team of buyers to prepare and execute procurement contracts for basic products and services in support of the operational needs of the organization. The position oversees the planning and material functions to ensure timely delivery.
- Procure build-to-print components, assemblies and/or services.
- Prepare electronic solicitations, review proposals, issue purchase orders.
- Ensure timely delivery to schedule.
- Monitor supplier performance.
- Source and select suppliers for specific components.
- Conduct informal negotiations.
- Issue blanket agreements and service agreement orders.
- Perform supplier audits and commodity analysis to reduce costs and quantity of suppliers.
- Expedite commodities when necessary.
- Interface with engineering, finance, marketing and quality control.
- Support and participate in Lean processes and initiatives.
- Develop strong supplier and inter-departmental relationships.
- Monitor performance, develop and train the purchasing team.
- Be a resource to the team for issues and support as needed.
- Set inventory goals in terms of inventory "turns" and work plans to execute.
- Guide department and play leadership role in the physical inventory process.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 5+years experience in operations and procurement management
- CPM and/or CPIM Certification preferred
- Experience with basic information technology (Word, Excel, E-mail, Internet). Experience with ERP systems (Oracle Preferred)
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!