- Southampton, PA, USA
- Full Time
Great benefits (health, dental, vision, disability, 401k, PTO)
TITLE: New Product Development Engineer
LOCATION: Southampton, PA
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION and SKILLS:
Under the direction of the Engineer Manager and/or Senior Staff Member, participate in multidisciplinary design teams in the development of products throughout the entire cycle, from inception through end of product life. This is a hands-on position requiring the ability to perform difficult and critical tasks as assigned. This position works closely with all areas to complete assigned engineering projects in accordance with specifications, with in schedule and budget limitations, coordinating activities of the team and vendors to reach these goals.
The New Product Development Engineer's main focus will be on the design of new products or the updating of existing products. This is a very hands-on position requiring the ability to build, analyze, and refine designs. The position will often require building prototypes, performing bench tests, and using landscaping products in the facility or the field. Regular activities include attending meetings, visiting customers, assisting with troubleshooting issues with the operators on the production floor, testing products, and supporting the business as required. This position may also be asked to support existing engineering projects as well and sustainability efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports material/design/process changes to the product line through design control process, with well-documented research/analyses. Demonstrates accountability for successful and timely completion of designated tasks.
- Works well in a team environment and able to contribute to a cross-functional team to develop new products, resolve issues, and implement improvements. Able to understand the point of view of others within the business and work towards a common goal.
- Serves as one of the voices for engineering and acts in a professional manor at all times. Is able to work towards what is best for the business over-all.
- Designs and develops products using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems using sound engineering principles, utilizing experimental, computational, and analytical methods.
- Works hands-on to develop new products and new product options including, but not limited to designs, calculations, testing, building prototypes, modifying parts, and sometimes fabricating needed parts.
- Ensures compliance with Schiller's engineering and quality policies, procedures, and practices through appropriate communication, training and education of sound quality assurance principles.
- Writes, implements, and leads bench studies, tolerance stack up analysis, design verification, validation, vendor interactions, materials specifications, component specifications, DFMEA, FEA simulations, and other analytical work.
- Maintains a customer focus on product safety, quality, and cost. Actively works to improve the status of the brand and company.
- Creates and updates Bill of Materials and manufacturing Routings in the ERP system
- Collects, records, reports, interprets and analyzes data, presents results to peers and business leadership.
- Assist in locating sources of supply and working with vendors in the development and supply of purchased items.
- Keep abreast of and well informed on new developments in the design field through contact with educational institutions, seminars, professional societies, perusal of tests, technical papers, journals, and periodicals
- Works closely with the manufacturing personnel to resolve technical problems and analyze design concepts as to their manufacturing, feasibility, and costs.
- Assists with regular maintenance of existing products including updating drawings, changing specifications, and processing engineering change notices.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (mechanical preferred or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of five years of engineering experience in mechanical and project engineering design, building, and validation.
- Excellent communications skills and good with working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Good organizational skills and computer skills.
- Excellent CAD skills with SolidWorks or a similar CAD package.
- Experience with supporting first-hand manufacturing at a site.
- Engineering and quality assurance methods including inspection, gaging, and fixtures.
- Experience managing projects with a timeframe of three months to a year.
- Also a plus, hands-on fabrication skills including metal working, wood working, welding, machining, or similar
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veteran status.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Schiller Grounds Care and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website, please contact us by email, phone or live chat in the bottom right hand corner.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 888-633-9269
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!