- 13-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (MST)
- Ogden, UT, USA
- 12.00 per hour Typically hire at bottom of the range, depending on qualifications
Not eligible for benefits
RECREATION CASHIER/COOK - RECREATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT: Public Services
WORK LOCATION: Lorin Farr Swimming Pool, 4th Street Ball Park, Miles Goodyear Park
WORK HOURS: Shifts can be negotiated/discussed in the interview. Typically, Cashiers and Cooks work 5-29 hours per week. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule any day of the week including weekends, holidays, and special events. Work is during morning and evening hours.
- Very Flexible Part-Time Schedules
- Position available approximately from March through October
RATE OF PAY: $12.00 per hour, wage dependent on prior experience with the Recreation Division.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greet guests, communicate offerings, and answer any guest questions in a friendly manner.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and be dressed in proper uniform.
- Provide excellent guest service while working in a very fast paced environment.
- Report unsafe conditions to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- 4th Street Ball Park only, serve alcoholic beverages responsibly, request identification, adhere to all alcohol service policies and procedures in accordance to Utah State Law.
- Cook and serve food and beverage items in correct proportions and guidelines following proper sanitation guidelines.
- Record all waste.
- Participate in the set-up, arrange inventory, notify supervisor of any inventory deficiency or shortages.
- Perform clean-up duties to maintain the quality appearance of the work area, including cleaning equipment.
- Record all transactions via the point-of-sale system and inform guests of the amounts owed.
- Collect the proper money for food and beverage items; process credit cards or determine correct change for guest.
- Account for all transactions; maintain accurate cash count and balance banks at end of shift.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 16 years and older
- Food Handler's Permit- not required at the time of application, however preferred. Must be completed before first scheduled shift.
- Alcohol Server Training Certification must be completed for those 21 years and older working at 4th Street Ball Park. Must be completed before first scheduled shift at 4th Street Concession Stand.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to learn to handle cash and learn to operate a cash register and corresponding point of sale computer system.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & a friendly, positive attitude with co-workers, managers, volunteers & guests.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, chemicals, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises
- Ability to push, pull, or lift 20 pounds (frequently), 50 pounds (occasionally), and 150+ pounds (rarely).
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time in varying inside and outside air temperatures and climate conditions.
- Must have sufficient hearing and communication skills to perform the duties of the job.
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK
Successful applicant must pass background check.
MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT
Driving record of successful applicant will be obtained by the HR Office.
On-line applications will be accepted at www.ogdencity.com until filled. If you do not have access to a computer, you may come to the Ogden City Human Resources office located at 2549 Washington Blvd., Suite 220, Ogden, UT 84401 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. All applications/resumes will be evaluated and ranked based on relevant education and experience as stated therein. Highest ranking applicants may be invited for a personal interview.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AA/EOE/ADAAA- FEBRUARY 13, 2023
Sign Up For Job Alerts!