- Spearfish, SD, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401k, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay
The Product Support - Technical Specialist maintains a dedicated focus on ensuring that customers are incredibly satisfied with their DentalEZ products. They are the link between the Customer and the Product and Engineering teams. The Product Support - Technical Specialist exhibits a deep product expertise, highly responsive, empathic, a professional communicator, creative problem solving, effective coordination of internal resources, and superb prioritization skills. This role is perfect for someone who has a passion for all things digital, fixing things, customer service, solving complex problems, and who loves to learn and teach.
The Technical Support team earns customer loyalty through providing real time solutions to field service technicians, dentists, and our sales team. We look for people who are consultative, analytical, technically minded, team players and passionate about helping others.
- Field requests from customers for product support. i.e. installation instruction, troubleshooting, part number information, product configurations, compatibility via an automated call distribution system (call center) and other digital media.
- Train dealer technicians, sales reps and internal associates
- Document customer interaction details electronically in database
- Manage stakeholder communication from initiation through resolution. This may include partnering with internal departments to acquire information, assign action items, communicate lessons learned and incorporate preventative actions in the future
- Initiate Quality Alerts and participate in problem resolution
- Occasional travel may be required to provide on-site product support or training
- Serve as customer advocate
- Represent the department in meetings, projects and working groups
- Compile product history, call history and other information as requested
- Maintain accurate product information in Technical Support files
- Implement ECOs (Engineering Change Orders) for the department
- Support the order fulfillment/return processes as needed
- 2-5 years of work experience in troubleshooting, repair, maintenance of equipment with mechanical characteristics similar to dental equipment, such as medical devices, medical capital equipment or other medical grade equipment containing pumps, motors and electronics
- Experience in the areas of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and plumbing disciplines along with the ability to read and decipher complicated schematics
- Passionate about working in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a tenacious commitment to finding the root cause of issues, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a collaborative team
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot dental equipment with customers and others over the phone and through other digital communication modes to determine cause and resolution
- Demonstrable passion for learning new technologies. Knowledge of Oracle, SAP or similar inventory control systems
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!