- 19-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- Human Resources Representative - National Office
- St Paul, MN, USA
- Full Time
- Open Until Filled
Specialist, Talent Acquisition & Benefits
College Possible National Office in St. Paul, MN
About College Possible
College Possible is a growing nonprofit coaching students from low-income backgrounds to and through college to break the cycle of poverty and empower the next generation of leaders. Our model has earned national recognition: the inaugural Evergreen National Education Award recognized our leadership in increasing access to and success in college for students from low-income backgrounds. It also earns top-of-field results: a Harvard study found that the program more than doubles a student's chance of enrolling in a four-year college, and our students are four times more likely to become college graduates than their low-income peers. College Possible has a budget of $25 million, more than 140 full-time employees and more than 270 AmeriCorps and VISTA service members. During the 2020-21 school year, we will reach an estimated 20,000 students in 49 states, at more than 90 partner high schools and at nearly 600 colleges.
College Possible is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks to build a diverse workforce to create impact in partnership with the communities we serve. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants. For each of its positions, College Possible is mindful about what best serves our students, and seeks to hire staff with relevant experience, skills and aptitude, and a commitment to the power of education. To learn more, Diversity and Inclusion Plan.
Headquartered in Saint Paul, MN, College Possible also operates in Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; Omaha, NE; Portland, OR; and Seattle, WA; and Austin, TX; and has Catalyze partnerships in Minnesota, Iowa and Ohio.
To learn more, visit CollegePossible.org.
Your Role as Specialist, Talent Acquisition & Benefits
People are the most critical aspect of the organization. As such, our success hinges on our ability to attract and retain the most diverse, high-quality, mission-aligned team possible. As the Specialist, Talent Acquisition & Benefits, you will administrate the efforts to ensure that we are able to thrive in these areas. In this role, you provide administration of our Talent Acquisition and Benefits programs, and ultimately play a critical role in helping College Possible grow through diverse, equitable and highly-effective practices and policies.
Talent Acquisition: You administrate the processes, procedures and systems that drive our Talent Strategy and Recruitment. You assist in the ongoing implementation of a best in class talent program with an eye toward ensuring that College Possible attracts and retains the most diverse, high-qualify, mission-aligned talent force possible. In doing so, you drive a comprehensive talent management plan, conduct the evaluation of the entire recruiting function/strategies/procedures, utilize innovative sources in order to diversify all possible talent pools, and drive an effective talent framework that accelerates positive impact. You assist in advancing our ability to ensure a robust external talent network across the national organization. In doing so, you support the direction and objectives of the Talent team, which in turn supports the organization's growth and quality standards. This involves driving a shared organizational recruitment process, leveraging key dashboard tracking analytics and impact metrics. You assist our organization in building best practices, attracting diverse talent, and meeting our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion objectives.
Benefits Administration: You will be responsible for driving the administration of all medical and financial benefits. You will serve as a subject matter expert in guiding the proper administration and implementation of competitive benefit approaches and programs. You will ensure the proper alignment of resources to maximize the service and support that our benefits provide to our employees. You will be responsible for successfully administrating vendor relationships and accountabilities to meet the expected compliance and outcomes. This role will serve as an administrative partner in the generation of data analysis and reporting of our benefit programs. You will assist with the proper training and communication to secure understanding and knowledge of our benefit practices. You will serve as the go to person to address any medical or financial benefit inquiries, projects or needs.
The Specialist, Talent Acquisition & Benefits contributes to the culture, effectiveness, and impact of College Possible through:
- Administrates talent and recruitment practices while strengthening the hiring process (i.e. developing job descriptions, building strategic pipeline sources with a focus on diversity and quality, elevating and implementing equitable and competency based interview techniques/practices, ensuring equitable candidate evaluation processes, and providing positive candidate/new hire experiences.)
- Creates interview and evaluation templates and tools in alignment with organizational and role-based competencies and then trains hiring managers/leaders on the effective implementation of competency-based, equitable hiring.
- Advises and supports leaders and hiring managers to determine and fulfill staffing needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- In partnership with hiring managers, assesses and evaluates the candidacy of applicants to determine qualifications and organizational alignments. Assists in the efforts to continuously improve the selection process with tools, interview guides, testing and interview training that improves overall selection results; monitors, maintains and updates the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to inform strategic approach.
- Assist with the management of recruitment branding/marketing materials including external job postings while consistency seeking means to build a diverse pipeline of candidates.
- Oversees all stages of candidate experience including application, interviews and communication.
- Assists in the development of a network of potential future hires to ensure that College Possible has the strongest and most diverse candidate and staffing talent pool possible (i.e.. referred candidates, strategically sourced candidates, etc.)
- Provides related reporting support as needed
- Provides administrative support in regards to medical and financial benefit programs development and administration
- Administrate all medical and financial benefit programs including our leave of absence, worker's compensation and work accommodation requests.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the appropriate training to ensure understanding of programs and initiatives
- Administrates all benefit related vendor relationships and holds services accountable with the proper level of service delivery and compliance
Assists with the administration of our worker's compensation claims and first reports of injury while ensuring compliance
- Assist with the annual review of medical and financial benefit programs and systems to maximize utilization and market competitiveness.
- Responsible for assisting in securing the proper reporting and auditing of services
What You Bring
- You must have a bachelor's degree in related business, communication or HR field
- SHRM certification preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant and applicable benefits and talent acquisition experience
- Experience with ADP systems a plus
- Experience in a benefits administration role or supporting a benefits practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, understanding the perspectives of others, building rapport, and quickly establishing trust and credibility.
- High degree of integrity, confidentiality and the ability to handle highly sensitive information responsibly.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, in-person and through social media)
- Strong facilitations skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Team player and self-driven
- Highly analytical and able to drive decision making through data
- Systems Savvy
What We Offer
In addition to joining a committed, diverse, values-based organization, we offer:
- An opportunity for you to have a tremendous impact both internally and in the broader country
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits including complete health, dental, life, short-term and long-term insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Encouraged sustainability through a generous paid time off program
- Personalized professional development and growth opportunities
To Join Our Growing College Possible Team
Please apply online at https://collegepossiblelt.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Sign Up For Job Alerts!