- Youngstown, OH, USA
- Full Time
Competitive Wages & Benefits Package
It is our mission at Youngstown Tool & Die Company, LLC to unleash the potential of all our team members. We view everyone's contribution as the uniqueness that drives our success, and we are committed to building a workforce that fosters creativity, talent and ingenuity!
Youngstown Tool & Die is currently seeking a positive, self-motivated individual to meet the needs of our customers as a CAM Designer.
In this role, the CAM Designer will utilize various 3D modeling and surfacing techniques to modify and extract customer supplied geometry to produce CNC toolpaths for 3 or 4-axis CNC milling, turning, and wire EDM in accordance with customer requirements and our company standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing manufacturing personnel with program routing, setup, and sequence information.
- Provide drawings and overlays.
- Import and manipulate customer 3D models in Hypermill using surfacing techniques to prepare the models for machining.
- Create CNC toolpaths for 3 or 4-axis micro milling, vertical milling, turning, and wire EDM.
- Perform toolpath verification using prior to program deployment.
- Create CNC program routing, setup, and sequence information to assist shop floor personnel.
- Create 2D drawings and overlays.
- Attend training programs, seminars, or webinars.
- Minimum Associates Degree in or equivalent or related field with demonstrated career skills
- CAM and 3D modeling training and experience.
- experience Proficiency in reading and interpreting technical drawings along with a thorough understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Understanding of milling/turning operations and related machining parameters such as speeds and feeds.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with management and coworkers.
- Strong technical, analytical, systematic, and detail-oriented thinking skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to adapt to change.
Required: High School diploma or GED, Associate Degree, Certificate, CAM courses, OR experience or a combination of experience and education. Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure. Must be able to read & interpret blueprints, procedure manuals & product specifications. Must be computer literate with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to work overtime.
Typical work week is 40-55 hours. Overtime is paid after 40 hours.
We offer a competitive benefit package including: Medical, Life, Disability, Vacation, Paid Holidays, and 401k.
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Youngstown Tool and Die provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training