The YMCA is the nation's leading nonprofit organization and is committed to strengthening communities through Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. Do work that Matters! The Y offers more than just a job - we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
Swim Lessons Instructor:
- The YMCA has been America's leading swim instructor for more than 100 years. Swim Lessons Instructors lead and motivate students in Swim School by teaching students to swim, improve swimming skills, learn water safety, build relationships with others, and have fun.
- Our lessons develop aquatic readiness, develop safe water habits, engage in underwater exploration, and teach children important water safety skills.
- Each year over 5,000 youth in our community learn the vital life skill of swimming at the YMCA.
Swim Lessons Instructor Pay & Benefits:
- $13.16/hour (additional pay possible with related education and/or experience.)
- Flexible schedules based on your availability. See our website for Swim Lesson schedules and information.
- Please see our website for the Employee Benefits for Part Time Employees (15 - 29 hours/week) and Casual Employees (1 - 14 hours/week).Some benefits are:
- Free Individual YMCA Membership.
- Discounts on many YMCA Services and Programs such as CPR/First Aid, Personal Trainers, etc.
Swim Lessons Instructor Qualifications:
- At least 15 years old
- CPR & First Aid Certification for Adult, Child, and Infant (may not be an online course)
- Must have one of the following:
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification
- 6 months experience working in an Aquatics Program
- 6 months experience working with youth
- Within 6 months of hire: YMCA Swim Lessons Instructor Training
We invite you to join us in this amazing work to develop your skills, to realize your leadership potential and to discover a career that is more than just a job.
The YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties conducts a pre-employment background check on all employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<iframe width="520" height="620" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OJtXUBydRvk" frameborder="0"></iframe>
with our quick 3 minute application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!