- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Pay range is depending on experience. This position is stock options eligible.
- Full Time
Company Stock Options, Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Vision Insurance, Retirement/401K plan with company match
X-Bow Systems is expanding and looking to fill a new position for a Ballistician / Cartridge / Propellant Grain Design Analysis. This is a remote position with possible monthly travel to one of our sites in Albuquerque, NM, Huntsville, AL, Luling, TX, Utah, or Maryland.
As the Ballistician / Cartridge / Propellant Grain Design Analyst on our team you will be responsible for designing and analyzing ballistics, cartridges, and propellant grain systems. You will use their knowledge of physics and engineering to create and test various designs, ensuring that they meet the required specifications and function safely and efficiently. You will also work closely with other members of the team, including engineers, designers, and technicians, to develop and implement new technologies that meet the needs of our clients.
- Design and develop ballistic systems, cartridges, and propellant grains that meet specific requirements
- Conduct extensive research to identify and evaluate existing designs and technologies
- Use computer simulation and modeling tools to create, test and analyze various designs
- Develop testing plans, including setting up and conducting experiments, recording and analyzing data, and presenting findings to the team and clients
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and technicians to ensure that designs are optimized for functionality, safety, and efficiency
- Stay current with advances in technology and materials, and integrate them into designs as appropriate
- Participate in the development and management of project timelines, budgets, and other project-related activities
- Provide technical support to team members and clients as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Engineering, or a related field; Master's degree preferred
- Proven experience in designing and analyzing ballistic systems, cartridges, and propellant grains
- Strong understanding of physics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, and fluid dynamics
- Proficiency in computer simulation and modeling tools, such as MATLAB, ANSYS, or SolidWorks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience working in a research and development environment is preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Must be a US Persons as defined by § 120.62 of the ITAR
If you are a creative, analytical, and technically proficient individual with a passion for designing and analyzing ballistic systems, cartridges, and propellant grains, we encourage you to apply.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced "Crossbow") is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.