- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Depending on Experience - $100,000 to $180,000 plus stock options
- Full Time
Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Vision Insurance, Retirement/401K plan with company match
X-Bow Systems is expanding and is looking to fill a Systems Engineer position. This role can be done remotely with monthly travel to one of our sites in Albuquerque, NM, Huntsville, AL, Luling, TX, Utah, or Maryland.
As Systems Engineer, you will be given the opportunity to participate in multiple thrusts to make X-Bow a success, and the flexibility to focus on areas you are interested in for your personal and career growth. This position will support and shepherd the development, test, and delivery of a novel solid rocket motor. In addition, X-Bow will need support across other programs including full launch vehicle development. In addition to these opportunities, typical responsibilities for this position include:
- Own and manage the Systems Engineering process and documentation for solid rocket motor manufacturing programs: architecture development, CONOPS development, requirements development and management, development of interface control documentation, integration and test planning
- Plan and execute technical reviews (PDR, CDR, etc): develop entry/exit criteria, own and manage content, develop charts
- Coordinate between technical disciplines (mechanical, electrical, automation & control, propellant chemistry, etc.) to identify and resolve technical issues as well as identify, capture, and implement opportunities
- Provide guidance and counsel to engineering and program management leadership
- Identify, evaluate and test Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools for corporate use and help implement on programs
Project Management Support
- Provide risk management support
- Provide configuration management and data management support
- Provide inputs to Integrated Master Schedule
Other Project Support
- Coordinating and running Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), etc. with leadership, teammates, subcontractors, and customers
- Opportunity to get hands-on with equipment and "turn some wrenches"
- Up to 20% travel to project location or equipment deployment
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field, mechanical engineer or aerospace/propulsion engineering desired
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills, proficient in MS Office and common engineering applications
- Experience with Systems Engineering tools (requirements management, Model-Based Systems Engineering, etc.) is required. Specific experience with Innoslate is a plus
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Must be a US Persons as defined by § 120.62 of the ITAR
- 10+ years of experience in a related field is desired.
- Experience with solid rocket motor/launch vehicle development and manufacturing is a plus
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced "Crossbow") is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.