- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Depending on Experience - $100,000 to $180,000 plus stock options
- Full Time
Company Stock Options, Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Vision Insurance, Retirement/401K plan with company match
X-Bow Systems is expanding and looking to fill a new position for a Materials / Composites Engineer / Production Expert. This is a remote position with travel that can be based out of AL, NM, or TX.
As our Materials / Composites Engineer / Production Expert you will be responsible for developing and implementing production processes for the manufacturing of composite materials. This role involves overseeing the production process from start to finish, including designing the production line, selecting materials, and ensuring quality control measures are in place.
- Develop and implement production processes for composite materials
- Oversee the production process from start to finish, including designing the production line, selecting materials, and ensuring quality control measures are in place
- Monitor production and make adjustments as necessary to ensure products meet quality standards and production quotas
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including R&D, engineering, and operations, to ensure timely production and delivery of products
- Develop and maintain production documentation, including procedures, work instructions, and training materials
- Conduct research and analysis to identify new materials, technologies, and production methods that could improve product quality, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness
- Train and mentor production staff on new technologies and production methods
- Bachelor's degree in Materials Science, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in composite materials production or related field
- Strong understanding of composite materials, production methods, and quality control measures
- Experience with designing and implementing production processes and systems
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Must be a US Persons as defined by § 120.62 of the ITAR
- Master's degree in Materials Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience in the aerospace or automotive industry
- Familiarity with CAD software
- Six Sigma certification
If you have a passion for developing innovative products and production processes, and you're looking for an exciting new opportunity, we encourage you to apply for this position. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for professional development and advancement.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced "Crossbow") is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.