- Indian Head, MD, USA
- Depending on Experience - $120,000 to $180,000 plus stock options
- Full Time
Stock Options, Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Vision Insurance, Retirement/401K plan with company match
X-Bow Systems is expanding and looking to fill a Lead Engineer/Manager position.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Lead Engineer/Manager to lead our engineering team in aerospace / department of defense. As the Lead Engineer/Manager, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing the design, development, and implementation of technical projects. You will be responsible for guiding the team in the delivery of high-quality products that meet customer needs, timelines, and budgets.
- Manage the overall technical design, development, and delivery of complex engineering projects
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify requirements and develop technical solutions to meet business objectives
- Develop project plans, schedules, and budgets to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the engineering team
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide feedback to the team members
- Identify and manage risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle
- Communicate project status, issues, and risks to stakeholders and senior management
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and best practices
- Participate in hiring, training, and onboarding of new team members
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- Strong project management skills and experience with Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with cloud-based technologies, microservices architecture, and modern software development practices
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with recruitment, training, and development of engineering teams
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Must be a US Persons as defined by § 120.62 of the ITAR
If you are a highly motivated and experienced engineering professional with a passion for innovation and leadership, please submit your application for consideration. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for career growth and advancement.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced "Crossbow") is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.