X-Bow Systems is expanding and is looking to fill a new position, Mechanical Engineer. This role can be done remotely based out of Albuquerque, NM, Huntsville, AL or Luling, TX.
As our Mechanical Engineer you will work closely with the assigned Project Engineer supporting our motor teams, using your previous experience doing design, analysis and test to ensure delivery of a flexseal nozzle. You'll also work with the team to identify blockers, guiding the process to address anomalies, verifying design requirements are satisfied.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience including demonstrated experience of the following:
- Design/Analysis/Manufacture/Test of solid rocket motor nozzle and flex seal assemblies
- Design/Analysis/Manufacture/Test of large mechanical assemblies in aerospace, automotive, marine or other relevant industries
- Design/Analysis/Manufacture/Test of custom tooling required for large metallic and composite assembly manufacturing processes.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Must be a U.S. Person as defined by ITAR
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced "Crossbow") is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Whatever you intersection of identities, you are welcome at X-Bow.