- Socorro, NM, USA
- Full Time
Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Vision Insurance, Retirement/401K plan with company match
X-Bow Systems is expanding and is looking to fill a new position, Energetic Materials Laboratory Technician
As an energetic materials laboratory technician, you will be responsible for a variety of tests, including but not limited to flow testing of propellants and simulant materials using spindle rheometry and custom tooling, characterization using techniques such as FTIR, tensile testing, and density testing. Data entry, record keeping, and reporting results will fall under your responsibility. Assignments will vary any given week, so don't expect your time to be primarily spent doing repetitive testing. This is a development facility, not a production. In addition to testing simulants and propellants, you will also assist with prepping the raw materials for use, assisting in the weigh-up for mixes, and conducting full mixes.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced "Crossbow") is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
- 2+ years of experience working in a chemical lab environment
- Education at least through general chemistry 2
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative analysis
- Willing and able to work with hazardous chemicals.
- Willing to conduct tests and operations lasting 5+ hours
- Willing to clean lab equipment
- Willing to assist with large propellant mixes (20+ gallon mixes)
- Must be a U.S. Person as defined by ITAR
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Additive manufacturing experience
- Experience operating and maintaining lab equipment
- Familiar with basic fabrication techniques: machining, welding, etc.
- Experience using CAD: models, drawings, BOM, etc.
- OK with periodic repetitive tasks