- Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Full Time
Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Vision Insurance, Retirement/401K plan with company match
X-Bow Systems is expanding and is looking to fill a new position, Flight Loads Engineer.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced "Crossbow") is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
• A Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering from an accredited university, including work in linear and non-linear dynamics
• A minimum of 5 years working in a functional engineering role within aerospace or related field.
· Strong fundamental knowledge in the fields of Structural Dynamics and Loads analysis
· Hands-on experience with testing, instrumentation, and data analysis
· Familiarity with launch vehicle design processes ad flight loads
· Fundamental knowledge of engineering scripting languages like MATLAB or Python, including object-oriented programming
• The candidate must be a U.S. Person as defined by ITAR.
• You will play a key role in driving each launch vehicle to first flight. You will work closely with the vehicle engineering team to deliver successful designs that satisfy the predictions in the areas of Loads and Dynamics. Areas included in this role are systems such as stage separation, fairing separation, and payload dynamic environments. Coupled loads analysis at the vehicle level to drive design choices at both the component and system level and generate requirements for the broader engineering team. You will develop and execute tests that support development and qualification. Hands-on assembly and test activities will be part of your responsibilities as well.