- Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Full Time
Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Vision Insurance, Retirement/401K plan with company match
X-Bow Systems is expanding and is looking to fill a new position, Mechanisms Lead
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced "Crossbow") is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
· B.S. degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· Demonstrated professional experience with complex mechanical systems such as payload deployment, quick disconnects, hold-down release systems, modern manufacturing and material handling, etc.
· 5+ years of experience in leading direct reporting and indirect/matrixed program team members.
· Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
· Must be a U.S. Person as defined by ITAR.
· Master's Degree (M.S.) or higher in mechanical engineering or related field.
· Familiarity with forms of commanded/controlled actuation, retention, linear motion, etc.
· Familiarity with component qualification testing such as vibration, shock, and thermal testing.
In this role, you will build a functional engineering team responsible for all mechanisms used on X-Bow launch vehicles and support systems. This includes initial trades, conceptual designs, requirement definition and verification, development tests and qualification. This person will write test plans, as well as support the test team and help evaluate the results of a test. The team lead will efficiently design mass and cost-efficient assemblies. Operations applicable to this role may include propellant manufacture, insulation manufacture and machining, rocket motor assembly operations, machining, metal forming, assembly, and material handling.