Responsible for assembly and installation of various electrical cables, circuit boards and electrical subassemblies. Coordinates with other technicians to assure the completed vehicle meets requirements and is finished according to the build schedule. Assists in troubleshooting and resolving electrical issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assembly, installation and tap-in of assigned electrical cables, control boxes, switches, lighting, and electrical components and assemblies on both the interior and exterior of the vehicle.
- Responsible to coordinate with the mechanical and upholstery teams for the vehicle build sequence and completion schedule.
- Supports and participates in troubleshooting and resolving electrical issues within assigned areas of the build and engaging other assistance as required to maintain quality and schedule.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May oversee the work of apprentice(s).
- Formal training or 1-2 years of experience in automotive (12V) electrical systems installation and troubleshooting required.
- Can read, understand and follow written instructions, preferably engineering drawings and schematics for electrical designs
- IPC 620 certification beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to participate in a small team, recognize and execute to priorities, solve problems, create simple plans, perform to schedules, and communicate effectively.
- Must be "hands-on", a team player & able perform efficiently under tight time constraints.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.