- 12-Oct-2020 to 11-Dec-2020 (EST)
- Cadillac, MI, USA
- $61,400 - $75,375
- Full Time
100% employer subsidized Health, Vision, Dental, Defined Benefit, Life, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Education Assistance, Wellness and 401(k) with match. Wolverine offers access to a 24/7 wellness center, wellness challenges, hiking trails, discounts to local gyms, and more!
Wolverine Power Cooperative is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our accounting team as a Staff Accountant.
Wolverine is a wholesale, member-owned generation and transmission electric cooperative headquartered in beautiful Cadillac, Michigan. Wolverine generates and transmits electricity to its seven member-owners to provide electric power to their 268,000 member consumers located throughout Michigan's Lower Peninsula.
What you can expect:
- A culture filled with 160 hard-working, honest employees who thrive on making a difference in their work and the lives of those we serve;
- A competitive salary with annual reviews for merit increases;
- World-class benefits including generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, zero cost insurance coverage, 401(k) with match, pension, wellness benefits and much more!
As Wolverine's Staff Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Administer accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Open, track, reconcile, and close construction projects.
- Manage state sales and use tax, including payments and filings.
- Prepare audit work papers and/or annual tax returns.
- Perform various general ledger accounting activities, including but not limited to journal entries, bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, 1099 processing, monthly close, and preparation of financial statements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting, is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of corporate accounting and/or audit experience is preferred.
- CPA preferred
- Strong organization and prioritization skills in order to manage multiple projects.
- Self-motivation and initiative to improve processes.
- Strong analytical and deductive reasoning skills in order to solve problems.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.