Wilmington College is a career-oriented liberal arts institution founded by and closely affiliated with the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Our beautiful main campus is located in southwestern Ohio. We encourage you to review our website and learn about our history, what we are doing today and how we are preparing for tomorrow. It is an exciting time here at Wilmington College.
Wilmington College is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. Wilmington College welcomes applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups, and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Wilmington College is seeking applicants for the position of Director, Alumni & Parent Relations. This is a full time, administrative position on our main campus in Wilmington, Ohio.
The Director, Alumni & Parent Relations provides overall vision and leadership to plan, organize and implement a comprehensive alumni and parents program, as it relates to the college's overall advancement program, through which alumni and parents communicate with and serve the college and which the college communicates with and serves alumni and parents.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide accessibility and visibility to alumni, parents and the college by visiting with alumni and parents and by planning and attending social, entertainment and "educational" events on campus and throughout Ohio and the nation.
- Manage a comprehensive volunteer program of identification, recruitment, training planning and recognition in support of college programs.
- Advise, consult and direct the Alumni and Parents Councils and oversee meetings of those Councils and their various committees.
- Receive and process confidential information; compile information for and prepare a variety of reports related to job duties; prepare and monitor programming budgets; compose a variety of written communications.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably from Wilmington College.
- Minimum of two years of responsible, related experience, with experience in non-profit/philanthropy preferred.
- Evidence of responsible experience in a range of activities related to event programming.
- Evidence of excellent writing skills and requisite background.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population and to become an integral part of the college community and the community at large.
To apply, submit a cover letter, current resume, and the names and contact information of at least three professional references.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full time positions including group medical, dental, vision, life and disability, TIAA-CREF, tuition remission, paid vacation and holidays.
Wilmington College is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate unlawfully in employment matters on the basis of race, religion, gender, color, ancestry, national origin, age, disability or any other category protected by law.