- 26-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Mt Sterling, OH, USA
- Full Time
The Electrical/Robotics Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing electro-mechanical prosthetic devices. Focus areas will include power electronics, machine design, embedded design and programming, electrical circuit and EM field simulation, PCB design and layout, product design and delivery, clinical studies, regulatory compliance, quality assurance, grant applications, and report writing.
Essential Responsibilities of the Job:
- Work closely with the R&D team to develop new technologies and prototypes for Prosthetics
- Design, prototype, and test electronic and electromechanical systems for use in Prosthetics.
- Internal an external technical support of electronic and electromechanical systems sold by WW.
- Ensure that prosthetic devices are in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and quality control standards
- Design and conduct research projects to establish benefits of current and future WW products
- Work closely with the Engineering and Product Management teams to identify and develop new technologies and product opportunities for the Prosthetics field.
- Apply for and manage grants to fund high risk/high reward product development efforts.
- Support WillowWood Intellectual Property processes, including patent analysis and applications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Follow all quality and safety standards
- Demonstrated creativity
- Follow Regulatory requirements for class 1 & 2 medical devices, including ISO 6060, ISO 13485, CE
- Work collaboratively with others across multiple departments and functions.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid, actionable conclusions.
- Analyze complex issues and arrive at reasonable, actionable responses.
Essential Skills Needed for the Job:
This position requires some degree of electrical, biomedical, software, and mechanical aptitude. This position will have heavy interaction with clinicians, engineers, and technicians.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferably graduate degree in electrical or biomedical engineering or similar
- Must have 3+ years experience in developing medical products
- Experience with analog and digital design
- Ability to design, source, prototype, and test electronic circuits
- PCB design, testing, and layout experience
- Embedded firmware development and debugging experience
- Control systems development and analysis
- Generating and interpreting electrical schematics
- Measurement systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking, work instructions, grant applications, manuals & training
- Excellent computer skills (including MS Office, PCB design software Altium preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills necessary to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to function well independently and/or part of a multifaceted design team (with internal and external resources), either as team lead or support
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Medical product development experience
- Machine design, power electronics, PLC, motor control, RF design, and EM field simulation experience a plus
- Clinical study experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify and source new product ideas.
- Understanding of prosthetic components and biomedical engineering concepts
- Basic understanding of lower limb anatomy and physiology and gait analysis
- Statistical analysis
About WillowWood Global
WillowWood Global LLC provides prosthetic and orthotic products to clinicians and amputees around the world. We are dedicated to our mission of designing and manufacturing prosthetic products that are comfortable and functional. Every product we design aims to enable individuals with limb loss to remain active and ready to live life to the fullest.
Our vision is to "level the playing field" between physically unchallenged people and all people who find themselves challenged due to limb loss or limb dysfunction. And, we know that our employees' efforts are vital to achieving our goals. This is why we offer competitive benefits and personal development opportunities. Plus, we have a strong sense of family amongst our staff. In addition we offer a clean and temperature controlled manufacturing environment, an on-site fitness center, outdoor recreation and company paid food trucks twice a week!