Wellan Montessori School is seeking an experienced educator to support our Primary classrooms and after school programs (ages 3 - 6). This is a full time position available immediately. Responsibilities include: planning age appropriate curriculum and activities, maintaining classroom spaces, and implementing strict health and safety protocols. This teacher must excel at taking shared responsibility for creating and maintaining an orderly, safe, and appropriately challenging learning environment for children.
Successful candidates will be patient, well organized, flexible, professional, and dependable; have strong classroom management skills; have strong verbal and written communication skills; be able to function in a cooperative teaching environment; and be able to collaborate with other educators in our community to create an environment where children learn, socialize, explore, and grow together. Experience working in a Montessori classroom is strongly preferred.
- Full Time: 40 hours per week, with attendance at staff meetings and occasional night / weekend events outside of regular hours required.
- Regular Hours: Monday - Friday, 10:00am to 6:00pm.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience required.
- Experience working with young children required.
- Experience working in a Montessori environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Letter of interest/cover letter, resume, and at least two references are required to be considered for this position.
Wellan Montessori School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under federal or Massachusetts law. The School will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. The School's equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.