- Plant Operations - North East, PA
- North East, PA, USA
- Full Time
We're not just about grapes. Our bold ambition is to be the leading company of convenient, good for you, fruit-based food and beverage globally. To make this happen, we need talented, agile and innovative people who want to help us grow something special together.
Our culture is authentic, and we are building an inclusive environment where you belong and can be the best version of yourself. If you're passionate about achieving goals, trying new things and making an impact every day, we want to hear from you!
We're looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join our team and provide organizational leadership for the safety and security of our people and products within Welch's four manufacturing and processing plants (Located in MI, WA, NY, PA).
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for all Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives at the four manufacturing plants.
- Ongoing development, implementation, and maintenance of company-wide EHS programs and systems.
- Interface with federal, state, and local government agencies to manage regulatory investigations, inspections and enforcement actions.
- Investigate EHS incidents and develop corrective action plan to address root causes and gaps using industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, etc.)
- Act as Subject Matter Expert to the Supply Chain Management Team providing guidance on implementing safety programs and best practices.
- Ongoing tracking of monthly KPI data of leading and lagging indicators
- Organize, execute and lead EHS audits
- Support worker's compensation claim management while ensuring the utilization of preferred medical providers and oversee Return-To-Work program.
- Analyze data trends & performance to ensure the right priorities are identified and acted upon
- Conduct periodic site visits and EHS activities such as training/auditing/assessing to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements and company EHS processes and policies.
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective systems, procedures, and training to achieve company safety goals
- Responsible for directing plants environmental programs, policies and reporting requirements to ensure the plant complies with all applicable requirements.
- Participate in capital planning and equipment installation to ensure safety is considered in all plant equipment modifications and facility expansions
Who You Are:
- Proven safety leader with a history of managing effective safety programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to clearly communicate to and influence across multiple plants and through multiple levels of the organization
- Keep up with, and navigate the company through changing regulatory matters in safety and environmental health
- Experience working with Continuous Improvement/Lean methods and tools
- Makes decisions that positively impact the current and future state of the business.
- Works relentlessly to overachieve, anticipate obstacles, and creates plans to overcome them.
- Sets stretch goals and plans to achieve them.
- Develops meaningful relationships and collaborates across departments.
- Engages in healthy dialogue and makes decisions with Welch's best interest in mind.
- Continuously challenges the status quo and seeks ways to improve and develop.
What You'll Need:
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Able to work closely with city and local community leaders to present the plant as a good corporate citizen for safety and environmental stewardship.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (such as Environmental Sciences, Health and Safety Management)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Safety role in a manufacturing environment required, 3 years in an environmental health role preferred
- Technical and working knowledge related to various regulatory agencies/issues, including but not limited to OSHA (General Industry and Construction), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Life Safety Code, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
What You'll Enjoy:
- Organization with a bold, clear purpose.
- Authentic culture that supports working together to deliver results.
- Workplace where teams care about each other and your voice is heard.
- Core and voluntary benefits so you can choose the right recipe for you.
- Generous 401(k) plan with annual company match.
- Flexible schedules so you can balance your work life priorities.
- Learning and development opportunities with coaching.
- Safe and clean working environment.