CRUSH IT HERE! We're not just about grapes. Our bold ambition is to be the leading company of convenient, good for you, fruit-based food and beverage globally. To make this happen, we need talented, agile, and innovative people who want to help us grow something special together. Our culture is authentic, and we are building an inclusive environment where you belong and can be the best version of yourself. If you're passionate about achieving goals, trying new things, and making an impact every day, we want to hear from you!
We're looking for an HR Manager to lead the HR function at our manufacturing facility in Lawton, MI. The ideal candidate will be an influential business partner who is able to work effectively with all work groups and leadership levels within the organization.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- This is a newly created role open due to growth
- This is a growing facility adding production capacity and will nearly double headcount in the next year
- Exciting opportunity to develop and implement full HR Systems including recruitment strategies, orientation, onboarding, training & retention
- Sit on the plant leadership team and drive strategy through growth period
- Great compensation package with bonus, strong 401k match, and PTO package
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Partners with plant leadership to align people resources and capabilities of the organization to meet the challenges of the business. This includes organizational planning and design, change leadership, and coaching and development strategies.
- Drives organizational excellence using Welch's performance management process, including goal setting, development plans, feedback, incentive rewards and merit reviews.
Recruitment and Staffing:
- Leads and implements recruiting strategy for the plant. Develops actions that attract and retain high quality talent in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Maintains adequate hourly headcount based on the needs of the business.
- Works with outside agencies and corporate resources to staff harvest and eliminate risks of turnover during harvest.
Employee and Labor Relations:
- Provides leadership with contract interpretation, labor laws/regulations, past practice, mediation, and unfair labor practice charges at the plant level.
- Works with Welch's designated chief spokesperson to develop bargaining priorities and strategies for contract negotiations.
- Act as an advocate for the business and employees, proactively managing risks and opportunities with the workforce.
- Works on plant climate to reduce nuisance grievances and improve partnership with the union.
- Foster a safe working environment by facilitating safety committees, assisting in the development and tracking of safety reward systems.
- Proactively identify and support the delivery of safety training.
- Participate in all plant safety activities as needed, including safety observation programs and accident investigations. Work with safety manager to manage workers' compensation claims.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Works effectively with all levels in the organization across sites and departments. Effective listening, relationship building and collaboration skills.
- Engages in healthy dialogue and makes decisions with Welch's best interest in mind.
- Ability to lead and influence others, even without direct supervisory authority.
- Strong labor relations skills, including functional knowledge in the areas of employee relations, staffing, training and development, performance management and employment law/compliance.
- Ability to resolve conflicts objectively and with a focus on long-term implications.
- Makes decisions that positively affect the current and future state of the business.
- Familiarity with government agencies including collaboration and audit management.
- Identify roadblocks to success then create plans and implement actions to overcome them.
- Continuously questions the status quo and seeks ways to improve and develop.
- Sets stretch goals and plans to achieve them.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with proven record of accomplishment of effectively prioritizing and executing work responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team but also has the ability to work independently.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- Minimum 6 years of related human resources experience
- Experience working in a union environment preferred, manufacturing and/or Supply Chain experience required
- Knowledge / experience with Lean manufacturing concepts.
Welch's is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran