CRUSH IT HERE! We're not just about grapes. Our bold ambition is to be the leading company of convenient, good for you, fruit-based food and beverage globally. To make this happen, we need talented, agile and innovative people who want to help us grow something special together.
Our culture is authentic, and we are building an inclusive environment where you belong and can be the best version of yourself. If you're passionate about achieving goals, trying new things and making an impact every day, we want to hear from you!
We're looking for a Senior Buyer to join our team to support and develop strategies within the Strategic Sourcing department in the ongoing pursuit of cost and growth objectives.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT TO OUR SUCCESS:
- Prepare market and cost analysis for Welch's portfolio of products
- Engage and develop relationships with Welch's packaging and ingredient supplier community supporting Welch's category RFP/RFQ calendar - Support the Strategic Sourcing team's annual strategy creation
- Maintain and develop pricing integrity processes and track ongoing material/packaging cost trends
- Collaborate cross functionally with R&D, Food Quality, Finance, and Marketing
WHO YOU ARE
An ideal candidate:
- Makes decisions that positively impact the current and future state of the business.
- Develops meaningful relationships and collaborates across departments both internally and externally.
- Engages in healthy dialogue, constructive conflict, and makes decisions with Welch's best interest in mind.
- Proven ability to analyze data and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Proficiency at managing multiple concurrent tasks - Good strategic thought and problem solving skills
- Operates with a growth and cost-optimization mentality
- Candidates should have 1-2 years of experience within a high performing sourcing/purchasing/procurement/buying atmosphere with direct experience in a Buyer role previously
- Experience in direct packaging or material sourcing is highly preferred
- CPG experience preferred - BS Required; preferable in related field such as Finance, Business, or Supply chain
- Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
WHAT YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Organization with a bold, clear purpose.
- Authentic culture that supports working together to deliver results.
- Workplace where teams care about each other and your voice is heard.
- Core and voluntary benefits so you can choose the right recipe for you.
- Generous 401(k) plan with annual company match.
- Flexible schedules so you can balance your work life priorities.
- Learning and development opportunities with coaching.
- Safe and clean working environment.
Welch's believes that our differences make the difference, and we take pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Vets.