- Plant Operations - Lawton, MI
- Lawton, MI, USA
- Full Time
Competitive and Affordable Benefits
CRUSH IT HERE!
We're not just about grapes. Our bold ambition is to be the leading company of convenient, good for you, fruit-based food and beverage globally. To make this happen, we need talented, agile and innovative people who want to help us grow something special together.
Our culture is authentic, and we are building an inclusive environment where you belong and can be the best version of yourself. If you're passionate about achieving goals, trying new things and making an impact every day, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for Maintenance System Advisor to provide leadership and ensure effective maintenance service for all plant production and processing equipment to meet production requirements. This person will supervise the production of products at specified production efficiency, safety, quality and cost standards.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for maintenance of production and processing equipment, refrigeration, boiler room, waste system, building maintenance, and seasonal preparation.
- Demonstrates expertise with the maintenance requirement of plant processing, production and seasonal operations through a thorough and continuing evaluation of production, processing and seasonal requirements, techniques, procedures, facilities and equipment.
- Responsible for leading daily shift to shift team meetings covering safety, quality, OEE, 5S, line startups and performance and regulatory metrics.
- Act as a leader in the plant; coach and train employees on safety, quality, and regulatory requirements.
- Train mechanics in the proper set-up, adjustment, and maintenance of production, processing and seasonal support equipment and supervise them to accomplish maintenance requirements.
- Establishes daily objectives for crew and evaluates the extent to which these objectives are being met. Periodically reviews the performance of each maintenance person under supervision and conducts personal interviews to review and improve performance.
- Supervises the mechanics to execute preventive maintenance programs and suggests modifications to the Plant Technical Service Manager for approval.
- Recommends and initiates changes to improve equipment performance, performs job estimates, works with scheduling and budget control.
- Budget and controls IME accounts as required.
- Collaborates on regulatory compliance and helps coordinate procedures are being followed
- Assures that operations are carried out within established housekeeping and sanitation procedures, and applicable government regulations.
- Participates in all regular meetings as scheduled.
- Lead Maintenance projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Solid record of safety and continuous improvement in an industrial setting.
- Demonstrated ability to safely work on and around complex, highly automated machinery in a non-temperature regulated environment. Strong troubleshooting, verbal and written communication skills to effectively present to other maintenance supervisors technicians, and operators.
- Cross-functional demonstrated skills in Electrical, PLC, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Motors, motion control, and mechanical systems.
- Proactive and able to work independently in a multi-tasking environment.
- Makes decisions that positively impact the current and future state of the business.
- Works relentlessly to overachieve, anticipate obstacles, and creates plans to overcome them.
- Sets stretch goals and plans to achieve them.
- Develops meaningful relationships and collaborates across departments.
- Engages in healthy dialogue and makes decisions with Welch's best interest in mind.
- Continuously changes the status quo and seeks ways to improve and develop.
- Minimum of four years related, applicable experience with Supervision of machine maintenance and repair.
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline related to machine maintenance and repair preferred
- Experience in food manufacturing desired.
- Able to work 3rd shift
WHAT YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Organization with a bold, clear purpose.
- Authentic culture that supports working together to deliver results.
- Workplace where teams care about each other and your voice is heard.
- Core and voluntary benefits so you can choose the right recipe for you.
- Generous 401(k) plan with annual company match.
- Learning and development opportunities with coaching.
Welch's believes that our differences make the difference, and we take pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Vets.