CRUSH IT HERE! We're not just about grapes. Our bold ambition is to be the leading company of convenient, good for you, fruit-based food and beverage globally. To make this happen, we need talented, agile, and innovative people who want to help us grow something special together. Our culture is authentic, and we are building an inclusive environment where you belong and can be the best version of yourself. If you're passionate about achieving goals, trying new things, and making an impact every day, we want to hear from you!
We're looking for a Plant HR Manager to lead the HR function at our flagship manufacturing facility near Erie, PA. The ideal candidate will be an influential business partner who is able to work effectively with all work groups and leadership levels within the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Organizational Development Partners with plant leadership to align people resources and capabilities of the organization to meet the challenges of the business. This will include organizational planning and design, change leadership, and coaching and development strategies. Drives organizational excellence using Welch's performance management process, including goal-setting, development plans, feedback, incentive rewards and merit reviews.
- Recruitment and Staffing Leads and directs recruiting strategy for the salaried and hourly workforces. Responsible for understanding the business, the local recruiting environment and developing strategies that attract and retain high quality talent in a cost effective and timely manner. Maintains adequate hourly headcount based on the needs of the business.
- Labor Relations Provides leadership on all matters related to collective bargaining, contract interpretation, labor laws/regulations, past practice, mediation, and unfair labor practice charges at the plant level. Works with Welch's designated chief spokesperson to develop bargaining priorities and strategies for contract negotiations.
- Safety Foster a safe working environment by facilitating the development and maintenance of safety committees, assisting in the development and tracking of safety reward systems, and proactively identifying and supporting the delivery of safety training. Is responsible for the safety performance in the plant with other functional managers.
Who You Are:
- Strong labor relations skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts objectively and with a focus on long-term implications
- Familiarity with the role of government agencies and how to interact with them (i.e. EEOC, OSHA, NLRB, FMCS, etc.)
- Strong functional knowledge in the areas of employee relations, staffing, training and development, performance management and employment law/compliance
- Ability to lead and influence others, even without direct supervisory authority
- Effective listening, relationship building and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with proven track record of effectively prioritizing and executing work responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team but also has the ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge / experience with Lean manufacturing concepts
- Works effectively with all levels in an organization, from hourly to executive leaders
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- Minimum 6 years of related human resources experience
- Experience working in a union environment; manufacturing preferred
What You'll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch's products
Welch's is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran