When people think of Welch's, they think of our great tasting juice and jelly and a trusted, iconic brand. People also think we are a big company. We're not. We're a co-operative, owned by the family farmers who grow our delicious and nutritious grapes. Our work allows our farmers to maintain an agricultural way of life, send their children to college, and hand their farm down to the next generation as was done for over 150 years.
At Welch's you'll find people who are genuine and talented, and a collaborative community. We think like farmers - we're agile, we're resilient, and we're passionate about our grapes and our brand. We're real and honest people with a shared purpose. And we're building a team that's playing to win and daring to try new things.
The Innovation Team at Welch's is a newly created team to identify and capture the value of transformational opportunities and new platforms in alignment with our strategic growth plan and brand priorities. This new Team is looking for experienced and engaged minds to support Welch's Desired State. We're looking for an Associate Marketing Manager to join our team and help the Welch's business build capability and knowledge processes, identify and scope opportunities, develop and execute key initiatives, and measure and report on value delivered.
What You'll Do:
- Establish and foster productive working relationships with external partners and internal counterparts to develop and execute winning innovations.
- Work closely with other business transformation team leaders to help Welch's maximize and accelerate value for our innovation programs and processes.
- Contribute to the formal development of innovation design practice tools and applications; inspire agile approaches and techniques.
- Leverage data tools and insights to develop firm understanding of category, consumer, and customer dynamics.
- Help advocate learnings and recommendations across businesses, disciplines, and departments.
- Support annual plans, including management of communication, timelines, and key updates.
- Identify transformational opportunities and comparative advantages that can add value, and help scope related projects and deliverables.
- Manage and track key leading and lagging metrics that indicate impact of capability on businesses transformation value capture and overall effectiveness of capability.
- Develop holistic business cases for creation of strategic innovation platforms working in collaboration with various technical, commercial and brand functions.
- Lead end-to-end project management and implementation of Welch's innovation pipeline.
- Develop and manage roadmaps and schedules to deliver prototypes, proof of concepts and commercialize products for in-market assessment, incubation, and expansion across channels.
- Create and execute comprehensive marketing plans and materials to support new products through consumer promotions and plan initiatives.
- Lead/support P&L management for innovation net sales, gross profit, and direct marketing or admin expenses to deliver growth through new platforms and meet financial targets.
- Think analytically and creatively to develop new systems to strengthen innovation platforms.
Who You Are:
- Agile experience and process improvement mindset, driving new ways of working.
- Mastery of innovation practices, marketing concepts and operating strategies.
- Strong financial acumen and business analytics
- Strategic and creative problem solver who wants to build a successful career for yourself and make a meaningful impact in your role.
- Effective influencer and collaborator with passion that appreciates the impact of creating products and experiences worth reaching for.
- Take end-to-end, consumer-driven approaches to innovation utilizing multiple sources of information and translate those inputs into strategies that meet marketplace needs and business objectives.
- Ability to combine functional expertise with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, focus on results and enable cross-functional integration with flexibility.
- Willingness and desire to question and do things differently in pursuit of what's best for your projects, your team, and the company.
- Adept communication style who can sell and influence idea buy-in across multi-disciplinary internal and external customer stakeholders.
- Culture change mindset, inspiring and infusing design thinking in how we work and build ideas of the future.
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS required with 3-5 years of related industry experience or MBA with 1-2 years of related industry experience.
- 1 year of relevant work experience in innovation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Vets