Welch Packaging, an industry leader with multiple locations throughout the Midwest is sourcing qualified candidates for a Corrugated Machine Operator opportunity for our facility in Columbus, OH. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growth-oriented organization where you'll work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment as a valued member of our Operations team.
Key contributions of this position:
- Actively engaged to meet daily customer demand and production schedule.
- Ensure safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Setup and adjust machine settings to meet product specifications.
- Troubleshoot problems throughout production run.
- Checks and assures box quality, including, but not limited to lose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
- Adhere to production schedule. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Production Lead.
- Performs job in a safe, efficient and productive manner, while maximizing the utilization of equipment at available capacity and speed.
- Train and assist assistant and helper with job duties on the machine.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Follows all company, local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous experience in a CORRUGATED manufacturing / production environment
- Previous experience with cycle counting preferred
- Forklift Experience a plus
- Proven ability to work SAFELY adhering to all safety processes and policies
- Ability to work a flexible schedule on occasion to support operational and business needs
- Ability to work either individually or in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to read specs and use a tape measure
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to use and learn the computer system
About Welch Packaging:
Headquartered in Elkhart, IN, Welch Packaging was started in 1985 with four employees. Since then, Welch has become one of the most dynamic independent packaging companies in the United States. Welch now has multiple corrugated sheet plants throughout the Midwest. Welch Packaging has grown from four employees to over one thousand employees.
With customers at the core of our business philosophy, we have a service discipline that makes us easy to do business with. Through organic growth, strategic acquisitions, and a strong entrepreneurial spirit Welch Packaging continues to be a leader in custom packaging solutions.
Welch encourages associates to serve in a variety of civic and charitable organizations. The "Welch Way" involves giving back to our communities. On an annual basis, Welch Packaging contributes to a variety of charities and higher education in the communities in which we serve.
At Welch Packaging, we believe in building boxes, but we don't believe in putting our associates into them! Welch hires people who fit our business culture -- people with integrity, a commitment to customer service and a passion for success -- and we teach them the packaging business through a comprehensive individualized training and placement program. Welch looks for life-long learners committed to making a difference in the world through their work.
Interested candidates with strong work ethic, customer focus, and initiative to succeed in a fast paced environment are encouraged to apply! All candidates for this position are subject to an authorized background check and drug screen. The candidate must pass both to become a Welch Packaging Team Member.