Welch Packaging, an industry leader with multiple locations throughout the Midwest, is sourcing qualified candidates for Forklift Operator for our facility in Columbus, Ohio. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growth-oriented organization where you'll work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment as a valued member of our Operations team.
- Operate clamp truck and forklift equipment to company standards.
- Receive stock and other raw materials by company procedures.
- Unload and load trucks as necessary.
- Operate Conveyor Line as needed.
- Assist Shipping Personnel and keep warehouse organized.
1. Work Safely report all unsafe conditions and or near misses immediately to your Supervisor.
2. Report any property damage that occurred while you were on the lift, regardless of how insignificant it may seem.
3. Maintain a clean work area keep docks picked up, aisle ways clean and swept, and empty trash as required.
4. Keep all equipment lines full, machines should not wait on product.
5. Able to read and understand the production schedule keeps Supervisor informed in advance of issues.
6. Work efficiently, handling bales only once, minimizing any fork lift damage.
7. Operate and maintain fork truck equipment as required.
8. Perform Fork Lift inspection daily at the beginning of your shift as required by OSHA
9. Communicate all relevant information to oncoming shift prior to leaving.
10. Follow all LOTO procedures for loading and unloading trailers.
11. Process, tag, and store incoming raw materials as required.
12. Inspects all incoming and outgoing product and supplies and document for defects.
13. Inventory and organize finished products.
14. Perform all documentation as assigned, i.e. load verification form.
15. Shred waste materials be sure to properly weigh and identify load.
16. Operate plant PC's and appropriate systems to complete assigned tasks.
17. Enter Maintenance Work Requests for Safety, Scheduled and Unscheduled tasks as needed.
18. Rework any bales or pallets of finished goods that have been spilled or are potentially unsafe.
19. Work with other Fork Lift drivers as a team and communicate accordingly.
20. Follow plant procedures on tracking waste bales; place all quarantined product into quarantine area.
21. Other tasks as assigned.
About Welch Packaging:
Headquartered in Elkhart, IN, Welch Packaging was started in 1985 with four employees. Since then, Welch has become one of the most dynamic independent packaging companies in the United States. Welch now has multiple sheet plants throughout the Midwest. Welch Packaging has grown from four employees to over one thousand employees.
With customers at the core of our business philosophy, we have a service discipline that makes us easy to do business with. Through organic growth, strategic acquisitions, and a strong entrepreneurial spirit Welch Packaging continues to be a leader in custom packaging solutions.
Welch encourages associates to serve in a variety of civic and charitable organizations. The "Welch Way" involves giving back to our communities. On an annual basis, Welch Packaging contributes to a variety of charities and higher education in the communities in which we serve.
At Welch Packaging, we believe in building boxes, but we don't believe in putting our associates into them! Welch hires people who fit our business culture -- people with integrity, a commitment to customer service and a passion for success -- and we teach them the packaging business through a comprehensive individualized training and placement program. Welch looks for life-long learners committed to making a difference in the world through their work. Come grow with us!
Interested candidates with strong work ethic, customer focus, and initiative to succeed in a fast paced environment are encouraged to apply! All candidates for this position are subject to an authorized background check and drug screen. The candidate must pass both to become a Welch Packaging Team Member.