- Toledo, OH, USA
- Full Time
Benefits after 90 days plus shift deferential on second shift!
To provide support to the production team in their commitment to provide the Ultimate Corrugated Experience to our customer through maintenance and continued improvement of machine centers and safety
- Execute a plan of continued improvement of machine safety and general housekeeping
- Work as a team to maintain organization and inventory of maintenance shop and tools
- Work with crews to complete all preventative maintenance
- Respond quickly to maintenance requests and prioritize effectively.
- Work hand in hand with Maintenance Manager to resolve any accident waiting to happen forms
- Work with machine operator to troubleshoot and determine root cause of mechanical issues
*Duties may vary depending on location
- Ability to use Excel, Power Point, VPS and email communication.
- Needs to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and via email.
- Effective organization and time management skill
- Electrical certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of mechanical machinery
- Ability to use shop tools and equipment, drill press, shop grinders, welders, oxy-acetylene torch
- Self-motivated and able to work from instructions
- A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- A strong trouble shooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude.
- Must be able to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Must be fully computer literate with Microsoft environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner.
- Responsible for maintaining company-owned machinery and equipment in proper working order
- On-call emergency repairs
- Responsible for taking control of breakdowns
- Responsible for building maintenance
- Regular, on-time attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Efficiency and quality of work performed
- Ability to comply with procedures and processes
- Ability to work well with others
- Safe, timely, successful repairs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.