If you are ready for a positive change come to Welch Packaging! We are a safe fast paced work environment with a clear vision to provide highest quality packaging for our customers. Welch Packaging has constant history of growth since it began in 1985. Change is welcomed and encouraged for career growth with compensation for performance. We have pride in our quality and building a product to exceed our customer needs. Our associates enjoy an atmosphere of safe and clean working conditions.
Our production jobs range from box assembly to operating technical machines. When you begin working at Welch Packaging you will be placed in a role with the largest business need then you will be developed into the job that fits your skills and job requirements.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer competitive benefits package that includes a 50% match 401K up to 8% of your contributions, wellness incentives, contributions to your health savings account up to $700, 100% coverage on preventative care benefits including prescription medicines, medical, dental, vision, life and supplement life insurances.
Welch Packaging in Columbus Ohio is looking for a Die Cutter Operator. In this role, you will perform duties as assigned by Supervisor. This may include operating Die-Cutter, performing quality checks, make appropriate machine adjustments as necessary, direct crew, perform preventative maintenance, and housekeeping, and other duties as required.
- Work Safely report all unsafe conditions and or near misses immediately to your Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Set-up, operate, adjust and clean rotary die cutter as required.
- Perform quality checks and make necessary machine adjustments to keep product within specification. Document all quality checks as prescribed in Quality System.
- Ensure that each load has proper load tags per Work Order.
- Communicate all relevant information to oncoming shift prior to leaving.
- Make sure you have necessary raw materials, i.e. ink, slip/bottom sheets, stock, load tags, etc., notify Supervisor when you start to run low do not run out of material.
- Train your Assistant to operate machines in safe and efficient manner in your absence.
- Perform necessary preventive maintenance tasks on machines.
- Verify that all production reporting is accurate at end of shift.
- Follow all quality procedures as outlined in Quality Manual, make sure that defective material is handled per procedures.
- Make sure any defective work that needs reworked is handled appropriately on your shift before leaving for the day.
- Follow plant rules and procedures and encourage others to follow rules.
- Work as a team; Lead your crew with some direction from Supervisor. When machine goes down, keep crew busy doing necessary tasks, i.e., housekeeping, rework or other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Checks and assures quality of products at own level of responsibility.
- Performs job in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
- Follows all company, local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Conducts all interactions with employees, vendors, consultants, etc. in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned by company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computers used in production reporting software.
Experience in Rotary Die-Cut Operator, flexographic printing, corrugated, and/or machine operator preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to operate measurement instruments and record data. Must be capable of performing all center lining and quality checks.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to read a tape measure and various gauges.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must pass drug test. Must complete all required OSHA, and Safety training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds (i.e. turn printed liner stacks in jogger/aerator, lifting pallets). Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.