- Aurora, IL, USA
- $19.52 + $0.50 shift diff
- Full Time
Full Benefits after 90 Days
Are ready for a positive change in a very stable industry? If you are looking for a place to grow a career and call home, welcome to Welch Packaging! We are a safe, fast paced work environment with a clear vision to provide highest quality packaging for our customers. Welch Packaging has a constant history of growth since it began in 1985. Change is welcomed and encouraged for career growth with compensation for performance. We have pride in our quality and building a product to exceed our customer needs.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer competitive benefits package that includes a 50% match 401K up to 8% of your contributions, wellness incentives, contributions to your health savings account up to $700, 100% coverage on preventative care benefits including prescription medicines, medical, dental, vision, life and supplement life insurances
About this position
2nd shift: 2:30pm - 11:00pm Monday - Friday
Ability and willingness to work overtime during the week/weekends
Starting at $19.52 + $0.50 shift differential
SUMMARY - Operate corrugated press including setup, operation, clean up and general housekeeping duties. Perform quality checks and preventative maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES and FUNCTIONS - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set-up rails, adjust slot knives, set up print and die cut sections on Flexo in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Obtain needed supplies (load tags, sheet stock, bottom sheets etc.).
- Setup and adjust machine settings to meet product specifications.
- Inspect anilox rolls for damage, before and after each run.
- Inspect all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
- Read and follow shop order instructions.
- Troubleshoot problems throughout production run.
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
- Check set-up box/sheet in accordance with established procedures.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Adheres to production schedule. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Enter data in computer and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Train and assist assistant and helper with job duties on the machine.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Standing, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching and ability to lift up to 60# throughout a shift
- Previous experience in a manufacturing / production environment is required
- Experience as an equipment operator (CNC, Punch Press)
- Proven ability to work SAFELY adhering to all safety processes and policies
- Experience with packaging/corrugated boxed products
- Ability to work either individually or in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Apply online or visit us in person at 4130 Liberty Street Aurora, IL 60504
<iframe width="458" height="245" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5SFSfdPNjUI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>