- Aurora, IL, USA
- $19.52 + $0.50 shift diff
- Full Time
Full Benefits after 90 Days
Are ready for a positive change in a very stable industry? If you are looking for a place to grow a career and call home, welcome to Welch Packaging! We are a safe, fast paced work environment with a clear vision to provide highest quality packaging for our customers. Welch Packaging has a constant history of growth since it began in 1985. Change is welcomed and encouraged for career growth with compensation for performance. We have pride in our quality and building a product to exceed our customer needs.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer competitive benefits package that includes a 50% match 401K up to 8% of your contributions, wellness incentives, contributions to your health savings account up to $700, 100% coverage on preventative care benefits including prescription medicines, medical, dental, vision, life and supplement life insurances
About this position
2nd shift: 2:30pm - 11:00pm Monday - Friday
Ability and willingness to work overtime during the week/weekends
Starting at $19.52 + $0.50 shift differential
SUMMARY - Operate J&L folder gluer. Handle blank corrugated sheets incoming and outgoing from machine. Perform quality checks, preventative maintenance and clean up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES and FUNCTIONS - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set-up, operate, adjust and clean folder-gluer, case sealer
- Perform quality checks and make necessary machine adjustments to keep product within specification. Document all quality checks as prescribed in Quality System.
- Train your Assistant and Stacker Packers to operate machines in safe and efficient manner in your absence.
- Rotate feeding the machine and packing throughout the shift with Assistant Operator and Stacker Packers.
- Perform necessary preventive maintenance tasks on machines.
- Verify that all production reporting paper work is accurate and turned in at end of shift.
- Ensure that all Work Orders completed on shift are turned in with appropriate Quality Check Sheets.
- Follow all quality procedures as outlined in Quality Manual.
- Follow plant rules and procedures, and encourage others to follow rules.
- Lead your crew with some direction from Supervisor. When machine goes down, keeps crew busy doing necessary tasks, i.e., housekeeping, rework or other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Standing, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching and ability to lift up to 60# throughout a shift.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing / production environment is required
- Experience as an equipment operator (CNC, Punch Press)
- Proven ability to work SAFELY adhering to all safety processes and policies
- Experience with packaging/corrugated boxed products
- Ability to work either individually or in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Apply online or visit us in person at 4130 Liberty Street Aurora, IL 60504
<iframe width="458" height="245" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5SFSfdPNjUI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>