Welch Packaging, an industry leader with multiple locations throughout the Midwest, is sourcing qualified candidates for a Sales Manager opportunity at our facility in Columbus, OH. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growth-oriented organization where you'll work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
The Sales Manager is responsible for the development, execution and monitoring of sales initiatives, sales volume, and selling margins. Monitors, develops and leads the sales and design teams to achieve company objectives.
- Provides leadership to sales team for training, support and execution of the Sales Pipeline process.
- Monitor sales volume, product mix, pricing and profitability drives performance to meet Company objectives for organic sales growth.
- Conduct periodic analysis of competitors to identify strengths and market trends.
- Assist with recruitment, selection and training of new sales staff members. Educate, develop, and motivate sales staff.
- Establish goals and objectives for sales and design employees.
- Controls account assignments/regularly reviews account allocation among sales team for best customer support.
- Service select "Key Accounts" and maintains customer relations.
- Conduct sales meetings and quarterly reviews with Sales Representatives
- Responsible for aged inventory.
- Oversee credit controls and requests credit to customers. Monitors receivables regularly; works with accounting to resolve issues.
- Maintain customer contact with all major accounts.
- Prepare annual sales forecasts.
- Review and distribute sales reports and analysis. Identifies areas of opportunity and concern.
- Coordinate and participate in customer entertainment.
- Manage and approve selling and T&E expense reports in alignment with company policy.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management
Directly supervises all employees assigned to the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field required. Seven to ten years of sales experience in a corrugated manufacturing setting preferred. Good organizational, analytical and communication skills. Excellent problem solving and leadership skills. Internal and external customer focus. Computer literacy with HRMS and Windows applications preferred. Ability to read and write English. Ability to read a tape measure and perform basic mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and working with fractions and percentages.
About Welch Packaging:
Join Welch Packaging today! Welch Packaging was founded upon the principle that making a difference was what mattered most. With a clear vision to provide the highest quality corrugated packaging experience. Today, with 12 regional locations, 5 distribution centers and over 1000 employees, Welch Packaging remains dedicated to servicing the needs of local customers with custom cardboard boxes, creative packaging solutions, and a commitment to long-term relationships. Welch Packaging has never wavered from the core values upon which it was founded. Welch Packaging strives to make a difference in customers' business, associates' lives, and every community affected by its work. We believe associate training and development is the foundation of our success. Welch Packaging has constant history of growth since it began in 1985. Change is welcomed and encouraged for career growth with compensation for performance.
In addition to a competitive wage we offer competitive benefits package that includes a 50% match 401K up to 8% of your contributions, wellness incentives, contributions to your health savings account up to $700, 100% coverage on preventative care benefits including prescription medicines, medical, dental, vision, life and supplement life insurances.
Apply today if you are interested in working in a dynamic, growing company and looking for a chance to become part of an exceptional team of professionals.