Welch Packaging, an industry leader with multiple locations throughout the Midwest, is sourcing qualified candidates for a Shipping Coordinator opportunity at our facility in Bridgeview, IL This is an excellent opportunity to join a growth-oriented organization where you'll work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of scheduling dock appointments and assisting the shipping manager with daily tasks.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, following all Welch Loading and Unloading procedures.
- Must be able to work with incoming Drivers, take phone calls and coordinate with Dispatchers to ensure that enough trailers are on site when needed.
- Schedule shipments as necessary throughout the day/week
- Operate fork truck equipment as required.
- Be able to receive incoming supplies and stock per company procedures
- Be able to produce Bill of Ladings
- Be able to read the over / under report and work with Shipping Manager to meet customer orders in a timely manner.
- Inspects all incoming and outgoing product and supplies and document for defects
- Perform all documentation as assigned.
- Utilize for cross training other employees.
- Operate plant PC's and appropriate systems to complete assigned tasks.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Maintains area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Checks and assures quality of products at own level of responsibility.
- Performs job in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
- Follows all company, local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Conducts all interactions with employees, vendors, consultants, etc. in a professional manner.
*Duties may vary depending on location
- Ability to use various operating systems.
- Ability to use Excel, Power Point, and email communication.
- Needs to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and via email.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Forklift experience and/or certification a plus**
This position is Part Time, in the mornings, M-F.
Apply online or in person today!
9900 Industrial Drive Bridgeview, IL 60455
Join Welch Packaging today! Welch Packaging was founded upon the principle that making a difference was what mattered most. With a clear vision to provide the highest quality corrugated packaging experience. Today, with 12 regional locations, 5 distribution centers and over 1000 employees, Welch Packaging remains dedicated to servicing the needs of local customers with custom cardboard boxes, creative packaging solutions, and a commitment to long-term relationships. Welch Packaging has never wavered from the core values upon which it was founded. Welch Packaging strives to make a difference in customers' business, associates' lives, and every community affected by its work. We believe associate training and development is the foundation of our success. Welch Packaging has constant history of growth since it began in 1985. Change is welcomed and encouraged for career growth with compensation for performance.
In addition to a competitive wage we offer competitive benefits package that includes a 50% match 401K up to 8% of your contributions, wellness incentives, contributions to your health savings account up to $700, 100% coverage on preventative care benefits including prescription medicines, medical, dental, vision, life and supplement life insurances.
Apply today if you are interested in working in a dynamic, growing company and looking for a chance to become part of an exceptional team of professionals.