- Bridgeview, IL, USA
- Full Time
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer competitive benefits package that includes a 50% match 401K up to 8% of your contributions, wellness incentives, contributions to your health savings account up to $700, 100% coverage on preventative care benefits including prescription medicines, medical, dental, vision, life and supplement life insurances.
Welch Packaging, an industry leader with multiple locations throughout the Midwest, is sourcing qualified candidates for a Machine Maintenance Technician to join our team in Bridgeview, IL. This position is for 2nd shift. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growth-oriented organization where you'll work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment as a valued member of our Operations team.
2nd shift hours: M-Th 2:30pm - 12am and Fr. 2:30pm - 6:30pm.
- Execute a plan of continued improvement of machine safety and general housekeeping
- Work with crews to complete all preventative maintenance
- Work with machine operator to troubleshoot and determine root cause of mechanical issues
- Respond quickly to maintenance requests and prioritize effectively
- Work hand in hand with Maintenance Manager to resolve any accident waiting to happen forms
- Work as a team to maintain organization and inventory of maintenance shop and tools
*Duties may vary depending on location
- Responsible for maintaining company-owned machinery and equipment in proper working order
- On-call emergency repairs
- Responsible for taking control of breakdowns
- Responsible for building maintenance
- Regular, on-time attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Electrical certification preferred**
- Corrugated packaging industry a plus**
- Strong knowledge of mechanical machinery
- Ability to use shop tools and equipment, drill press, shop grinders, welders, oxy-acetylene torch
- Self-motivated and able to work from instructions
- A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- A strong trouble shooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude
- Must be able to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings
- Must be fully computer literate with Microsoft environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and email communication
- Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner
- Efficiency and quality of work performed
- Ability to comply with procedures and processes
- Ability to work well with others
- Safe, timely, successful repairs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Apply today online or in person!!
9900 Industrial Drive Bridgeview, IL 60455
About Welch Packaging:
Headquartered in Elkhart, IN, Welch Packaging was started in 1985 with four employees. Since then, Welch has become one of the most dynamic independent packaging companies in the United States. Welch now has multiple sheet plants throughout the Midwest. Welch Packaging has grown from four employees to over one thousand employees.
With customers at the core of our business philosophy, we have a service discipline that makes us easy to do business with. Through organic growth, strategic acquisitions, and a strong entrepreneurial spirit Welch Packaging continues to be a leader in custom packaging solutions.
Welch encourages associates to serve in a variety of civic and charitable organizations. The "Welch Way" involves giving back to our communities. On an annual basis, Welch Packaging contributes to a variety of charities and higher education in the communities in which we serve.
At Welch Packaging, we believe in building boxes, but we don't believe in putting our associates into them! Welch hires people who fit our business culture -- people with integrity, a commitment to customer service and a passion for success -- and we teach them the packaging business through a comprehensive individualized training and placement program. Welch looks for life-long learners committed to making a difference in the world through their work. Come grow with us!
Interested candidates with strong work ethic, customer focus, and initiative to succeed in a fast paced environment are encouraged to apply! All candidates for this position are subject to an authorized background check and drug screen. The candidate must pass both to become a Welch Packaging Team Member.