- 22-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Washington, PA, USA
- Full Time
The Assistant Director of Residence Life, Housing Operations (ADRL) is uniquely positioned to coordinate housing and operational logistics surrounding the experience that students have in the W&J residential setting. The ideal candidate will provide a high caliber experience to student residents and ensure that they have safe, warm, and aesthetic living environments. The ADRL is responsible for managing the day to day operations and related processes of the Office of Residence Life as well as working with the Assistant Director of Residence Life, Community Experience and their team to ensure that physical spaces and processes best support the residential experience.
We are seeking a candidate that understands the value of excellent customer service and can integrate customer service into a community environment. In addition, the candidate should have strong organizational skills along with the ability to maintain a high energy level and positive attitude, communicate effectively, and manage multiple priorities. This is a live-on position.
The successful candidate will report to the Assistant Dean of Students & Director of Residence Life and work closely with other professional staff and student paraprofessionals to provide the highest level of service to students at Washington & Jefferson College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with students in the residential setting
- Create a welcoming environment for students
- Work with the Assistant Dean & Director to refine and develop operational processes for the Office
- Complete regular walkthroughs of residence halls to ensure they are safe, clean, and free of issues and ensure that common spaces are neat and appropriately displayed
- Manage the amenities that are present in each residential building (appliances, furniture, microfridges, etc.) including the troubleshooting, distribution, and replacement processes
- Manage equipment, furniture, and appliance inventories
- Manage room moves in residential areas
- Chair the housing accommodations committee and administrate the accommodations process
- Plan and manage the yearly housing selection process
- Plan and manage residence hall openings and closings each semester and all related processes, including storage services
- Work closely with the community coordinator team and other members of the college community to ensure the successful residential experience
- Work with Campus & Public Safety on the execution of regular fire drills and other safety drills
- Serves as a member of the Administrator on Call Team
- Serves on College-wide committees as appropriate
- Handle questions, concerns, and requests from community members and their families
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience
- Experience supervising student staff
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline is required
- A Master's degree is preferred
- Experience managing and developing processes or systems for student support
- Excellent customer service skills
- Passionate about working with College students and supporting developmental experiences
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, technical, and written communication skills with the ability to work closely with a diverse group of students
- Proven experience in event planning is helpful
This position involves the supervision of student staff.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://washjeff.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.