- 15-Jan-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Washington, PA, USA
- Full Time
The Coordinator of Community Engagement is responsible for sustaining and creating cooperative partnerships between W&J College, community and professional organization and strives to create high quality, community-based experiences that benefit students, partner sites and communities. The Coordinator will join our team of student-centered professionals who are dedicated to fostering robust experiences for students which complement their academic work in developing intellectual inquiry, preparation for professional success, strengthen relationships to their communities and contribute positively to society
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise student service and interfaith organizations, including the Community Outreach Leadership Team and Alpha Phi Omega, Hillel and the Interfaith Club.
- Facilitate focused reflective practices/systems to facilitate student learning from community service and faith-based involvement.
- Maintain and develop partnerships with local community partners as well as faith-based organizations in the surrounding area of campus.
- Collect and report data about student service hours and student community service partnerships.
- Collaborate on student programs and recognition events.
- Serve as a college-wide resource for mindfulness, meditation, interfaith resources, providing workshops, scheduling department workshops for groups and offices
- Work closely with the Director to develop outreach programs that serve to strengthen the College's and OSE's relationship with other faith-based groups and organizations.
- Uphold the value placed on spiritual development, alongside intellectual and social development, as an essential part of W&J's education.
- Collaborate with departments and programs, and maintain close working relationships with the interfaith student orgs, multicultural orgs, and the academic Religious Studies department.
- Develop and sustain meaningful, reciprocal community partnerships and projects with local schools, institutions of faith and community-based organizations to promote engaged learning opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Athletic Department and Greek Life to design and implement both a W&J Student Athlete Service Program and Greek Life Service Program.
- Assist in conducting orientation programs for new students, speak in classes about community/civic engagement and coordinate annual Make a Difference Day.
- Create and oversee immersion programming (i.e. Alternative Spring Break and other related leadership and service initiatives) for targeted student groups. Organize and direct all aspects of programming including marketing, recruitment, program design, curriculum, logistics, budget and facilitation.
- Develop and manage programming both individually and with student service organizations for the campus and community aimed at raising awareness around social issues, promoting local volunteer opportunities, and celebrating those who engaged in service.
- Participate in divisional and institutional committees
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- The ideal candidate in this role should have a positive attitude and an active, energetic mind that is characterized by highly ethical practices and a commitment to diversity, openness, flexibility, integrity, and kindness.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, technical and written communication skills with the ability to work closely with a diverse group of students
This position does not require supervisory duties.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://www.washjeff.edu/applicantpro/ . Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.