- East York, PA, USA
- per year
- Full Time
Competitive Salary/Hourly Wages, Yearly Bonus, Group Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401K Profit-Sharing Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Travel Pay, Education Assistance Program, Apprenticeship Program, Wellness Program
Director of Engineering
If job security and career advancement are something you are looking for, or you are an experienced professional looking for a great company to work for, Walton & Company is the right place for you. We pride ourselves on taking care of our workers and their families, offering top benefits, and excellent pay. There is room for advancement in almost any position here at Walton & Company.
We are currently searching for an experienced Director of Engineering with a PA/MD Professional Engineer License.
Do you have what it takes to join the Walton family?
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Engineering is responsible for managing and administrating the engineering and estimating departments. They are responsible for approving and signing off on drawings for projects. Develops effective operational strategies to execute tactical plans to achieve short- and long-term revenue growth and profit objectives.
This combination of a hands-on and strategic role requires frequent communication with operational and financial leadership. Provides oversight on bidding key projects, guidance on critical jobs, and monitors schedules to ensure deliverables are met. This role guides the work of approximately 8-10 direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in business development, strategic planning, and development of teams, including succession planning.
- Provide the engineering and estimating department leadership and direction. Mentor team members and assist with their career development.
- Builds trustful relationships with direct reports to guide performance and address and resolve conflicts to achieve key business objectives.
- Interface with management, engineers, vendors, and customers.
- Oversee the daily operation of the engineering and estimating departments.
- Assign projects to employees of the engineering and estimating departments in a manner that will effectively utilize their skill sets.
- Review, approve and stamp design drawings for the company.
- Provide engineering support to others within the company as needed.
- Work with operations as needed until a project is completed.
- Interview, hire, and terminate employees within the department.
- Identify and schedule job-specific training and professional development for the engineering and estimating departments.
- Conduct employee performance reviews in a timely fashion.
- Attends key leadership meetings held by the company and its affiliate companies.
- Willing to travel locally, to project sites, customers, and vendor locations.
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support the company's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls, and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- Able to perform the responsibilities of this position with limited supervision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- B.S. in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering is required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in mechanical design/construction or experience in a similar environment a must.
- Experience designing plumbing and HVAC building systems.
- Excellent leadership skills and a strong and comprehensive engineering background are required, as well as the ability to promote and work in a highly collaborative atmosphere.
- Strong service ethic; understands and embraces service relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication skills (up, down, and outward). Comfortable making oral group presentations.
- Detailed-oriented with the ability to work and meet deadlines.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Pennsylvania and Maryland Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential duties of this job successfully. This is largely a sedentary role that requires sitting/standing while working in a stationary position for 90% of the workday. Will visit job sites. Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, traverse job sites, sit, stand, reach, and occasionally lift and or move up to 10 pounds. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, etc. Must listen to and understand the information presented through spoken words and sentences. Must have the ability to communicate information in speaking so others will understand. Other job abilities are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust eye focus. Able to ascend and descend stairs
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is conducted in a professional, quiet office environment. Will visit job sites as required by the project.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes