- 02-Nov-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Full Time
We provide paid holidays, PTO, paid Medical , Vision, Life, Dental and 401(k) benefits.
We are looking for a detail oriented, outgoing, dependable Marine Welder for an established Marine and Industrial Repair Company. Qualified applicants will be tested on their skill level and scheduled to interview at our office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Read a tape measure
- Lay out Material
- Fit- Up Material
- Read a blue print/drawing/tech manual
- Comprehensive Torch and Weld Work
- Radius Gage
- Hand power Tools
- Shop Tools/Equipment
Required Education and Experience:
- Ability to comprehend and utilize blueprints, sketches, drawings, technical manuals in order to weld metals
- Must have strong work ethic, be self-motivated, and able to multitask
- Understand Work Process in order to measure, cut, and weld metal (of multiple material types) to required specifications
- Ability to weld metal using various requirements and procedures such as SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with ongoing deadlines
- Must be able to work independently
- Understanding of Ship repair industry
- Must be RAPID Gate/DBIDS and TWIX credential eligible
- Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, as well as in an office controlled environment.
- May have to visit projects aboard ships, rigs both on and offshore as well as confined spaces. Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE when required.
- Visits may require standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.
We provide paid holidays, PTO, paid medical & dental and 401(k) benefits.
Walashek Industrial & Marine Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.