- West Henrietta, NY, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, 401(k), Paid Time Off
Founded in 1997, Vuzix is a growing, dynamic company that specializes in the design and manufacture of smart glasses and augmented reality (AR) technologies and products for the consumer and enterprise markets. Company products offer a portable and high-quality viewing experience for applications in augmented reality, digital information, video viewing, utility, entertainment and gaming. Please visit our web page at http://vuzix.com.
The ideal candidate to join our team will be an experienced electrical engineer with a background in bringing consumer or industrial products to market. The position is in the Electrical Engineering team working alongside a team with PCB design and firmware expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Microcontroller firmware development.
- Develop real-time and bare-metal firmware applications to run on dedicated microprocessors in product designs.
- FPGA RTL development.
- Develop custom logic to run on FPGAs in product designs.
- Validate and debug electrical designs.
- Identify electrical issues and determine root cause.
- Perform board modifications or rework to aid in debugging.
- Verify new designs for both functional correctness and reliability criteria.
- Support Vuzix on-site manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical field.
- 2+ years experience in a relevant technical field.
- Proficient in C programming language and microprocessor development.
- Proficient in RTL development (Verilog or VHDL)
- Experience with schematic and PCB design is preferred.
- Communicate effectively via written and spoken language; comprehends problems, urgency, and desired outcome in the absence of perfect information; shares information and ideas with others; conscientious listener.
- Willingness to travel to manufacturing locations around USA and China, if required (up to 5%)
Vuzix Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and employing the best talent available.