We're currently seeking a full-time Vulnerability Researcher in our Columbia, MD office. In this position, you will join top-notch developers who design, engineer, and deliver software products to our end customers.
Your Day-to-Day at Vulnerability Research Labs:
- Solving hard problems
- Reverse engineering complex systems and protocols
- Investigating the internals of various operation systems to discover new features, vulnerabilities, and techniques
- Improving upon proof-of-concept code to demonstrate vulnerabilities
- Testing out ideas and automating analysis using a scalable virtual lab
- Documenting findings to aid in reproduction of results
- Identify possible vulnerabilities in applications and operating systems
- Create and use tools for automated vulnerability analysis
- Perform exploitability assessments for vulnerabilities
- Document vulnerabilities and provide risk assessment
- Create reports and analyze trends in security and malware
- Design, develop, document, test and debug vulnerability analysis related software and systems
- Ensure software standards are met
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Ability to demonstrate low level software knowledge in an interview
- Reverse Engineering experience
- Understanding of vulnerability research methodologies
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Malware analysis experience
- Program comprehension at the assembly and decompiler levels
- Experience with virtualization/emulation tools
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages
- This position may require being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Things we like best about VRL:
- The chance to work with the best in the business
- A strong focus on learning and career development including conference and training opportunities
- Most of all: an interesting and challenging workplace that takes care of its employees
COVID-19 Vaccination: VRL does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, VRL may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
VRL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!