We're currently seeking a DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for leading our internal software tools team. This team designs, implements, and maintains automated release, test, and deployment tools and frameworks with the goal of minimizing manual test and deployment processes across the suite of VRL tools. The position will work directly with development teams to understand their requirements and implement DevOps solutions to fit their needs using in-house and third-party tools.
Your Day-to-Day at VRL
- Task and mentor other members of the Internal Tools Team
- Build and maintain internal tools, automated frameworks, and environments for other software development teams
- Interact with a diverse IT infrastructure, networks, OSes, and distributed software architectures
- Champion initiatives to continually improve processes, product quality, and tools
- Design and develop internal tooling for use within the organization by developers and QA
- Implement automated release, test, and deployment tools, practices, and frameworks
- Develop and maintain tools to support the software development lifecycle of both internal and customer developed products.
- Support automated deployment of virtualized testing and development infrastructure
- Identify, prevent, and remediate defects in products and services on a continuous basis
- Analyze the requirements of complex development, and heterogeneous production environments
- Keep up with industry best practices for software development and infrastructure management
Skills you will need and we will enhance:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar from an accredited university
- 3+ years' experience with:
- Python software development and scripting
- Configuration Management tools (e.g., Ansible, Terraform)
- Virtualization/Cloud technologies (e.g., vSphere/ESXi, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Software Build Systems (e.g., make/CMAKE/MSBuild, Gitlab CI/CD)
- Linux, Windows and Android setup and configuration
- There are essential functions of this position that require work in the office or at customer sites
- Cyber security concepts
- Agile methodologies and CI/CD
- HTTP server technologies and REST/JSON interfaces
- Version control systems such as Git
- Networking concepts and technologies (e.g., Firewalls)
- System scripting languages (e.g. Bash, PowerShell)
- Documentation markup languages/generators (e.g., Sphinx, reStructuredText, Markdown)
- Defining, documenting, and enforcing configuration management
- Ticketing tools such as JIRA or Gitlab
- Integration systems such as Gitlab or Jenkins
- Test tools such as Selenium and pytest
- Other software
Things we like best about VRL:
- Solving hard technical problems
- Dedicated time to learn, research, and engineer solutions with minimal distractions
- A strong focus on learning and career development including conference and training opportunities
- Individual offices equipped with employee driven choice of computers and equipment
- Fresh brewed coffee
- A well-stocked pantry with food and beverages
- Most of all: a technically challenging work place that takes care of its employees
Here at Vulnerability Research Labs we have spent more than a decade becoming a technical leader in cyber security. We became a technical leader in the field because we believe in our mission to be at the forefront of cyber security and deliver unparalleled capabilities that solve our customer's hardest problems. We offer the opportunity to work on diverse technologies with hard working developers in an interactive company with a flat organizational structure.
VRL is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, color, age, military service eligibility or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected class. We encourage and support workplace diversity.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!