Here at Vulnerability Research Labs we have spent more than a decade becoming a technical leader in cyber security. We became a technical leader in the field because we believe in our mission to be at the forefront of cyber security and deliver unparalleled capabilities that solve our customer's hardest problems. We offer the opportunity to work on diverse technologies with hard working developers in an interactive company with a flat organizational structure.
We're currently seeking a full-time Finance Director in our Columbia, MD location. This position is tasked an responsible for overseeing the financial operations, reporting on revenue, training accounting staff, budgeting, disbursing funds, implementing policies, and improving the financial processes.
Duties and Responsibilities (essential Functions)
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations. e.g. revenue recognition and lease accounting
- Close the books accurately and timely (monthly, quarterly, yearly)
- Ensure the business strategy and financial strategy are aligned, while protecting company assets
- Provide feedback to leadership to execute decisions on spending and customer contracts based on historical finance data, expected cash flow, etc.
- Provide a variety of financial "services" to the business, including but not limited to:
- Financial planning, analysis, and forecasting
- Cash forecasting
- Stand up of VRL LLC in new states
- Procurement and Payroll oversight
- Conference tracking
- Maintain direct labor rate calculations
- Provide fiduciary oversight of 401k plan
- Establish and maintain accounting practices and reporting requirements
- Provide financial guidance throughout the contracts process
Job Requirements And Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years' experience in financial management
- In depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principals, and financial analysis
- There are essential functions of this position that require work in the office or at customer sites
Things we like best about VRL:
- The chance to work with the best in the business
- Solving hard problems
- A strong focus on learning and career development including conference and training opportunities
- Most of all: an interesting and challenging workplace that takes care of its employees
VRL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!