- Full Time
VLinc Corporation is hiring Machinery Technician (MK) (Classroom and Underway) Instructors to provide support for the U.S. Coast Guard's Office of International Affairs, Security Cooperation Division (DCO-I-2), focused on foreign nation workforce analysis and reporting, data entry services, training development projects, training execution and activities of a similar nature.
Education and Experience:
- Career experience as an MK, preferably for the U.S. Coast Guard, including (3) years plus of training experience as a primary classroom instructor.
- Must possess five (5) years field experience or a journeyman certification as a diesel mechanic, preferably experienced with Caterpillar and/or Detroit diesel marine engines.
- Must possess three (3) years' experience in one or more of the following categories: Outboard marine mechanic, preferably with Factory Certification; Hydraulics, with experience in shipboard controllable pitch propellers and davit systems; Air Conditioning & Refrigeration technician with EPA certification; Electrical, with marine wiring experience; Plumber with flaring tubing, threading pipe, soldering tubing, and silver brazing experience
Additional Underway Instructors Requirements:
- Must possess experience as Boat Engineer/Engineer of the Watch or civilian equivalency.
- Must perform all tasks in a traditional classroom setting and/or while underway on a vessel for 6-8 hours a day, year-round.
- Must be able to instruct while underway to include the ability to enter/egress hatches, scuttles, and ladders.
- Must possess experience/knowledge of startup and shut down procedures, in addition to knowledge of boat specifications, outfit, watertight compartments, and restrictive and disabling casualty designations.
- Must possess experience/knowledge of basic engineering causality response (BECCE) and damage control procedures IAW Coast Guard Commandant Instruction M16114.41 and be able to demonstrate proficiency in these tasks through controlled practice drills.
The MK classroom and underway instructors will provide expert skills and knowledge to deliver instruction to their international students, focusing on ensuring students achieve the necessary skills mandated by course curricula and successfully meeting course objectives. Instructors may be required to evaluate student's performance by verifying their understanding of the course material, competency of learned skills, and their ability to demonstrate applied knowledge.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Coordinating with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Facilitating training, meetings, and working groups with other team members, customers, and stakeholders to identify and resolve issues.
- Initiating action items and tracking the action items for the VLinc Program Management Office (PMO).
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Obtaining customer acceptance of project deliverables.
- Managing customer satisfaction within project transition period.
- Assisting in preparing for Quarterly and Annual Program Management Reviews
- Conducting post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.