- Full Time
VLinc Corporation is hiring Boatswain's Mate (BM) (Classroom or Underway) Instructors to provide support for the U.S. Coast Guard's Office of International Affairs, Security Cooperation Division (DCO-I-2), focused on foreign nation workforce analysis and reporting, data entry services, training development projects, training execution and activities of a similar nature.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess U.S. Military qualification as Quartermaster of the Watch, Deck Watch Officer, Coxswain, or civilian equivalent.
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years' experience directing, instructing, and coaching, break-in boat coxswains, or shipboard conning officers.
- Career experience as a Boatswain's Mate, preferably for the U.S. Coast Guard, including three years plus of training experience.
- Underway instructors must be physically capable of instructing while underway on a vessel for 6-8 hours per day, year around in all meteorological conditions.
The BM classroom and underway instructors will provide expert skills and knowledge to deliver instruction to their international students, focusing on ensuring students achieve the necessary skills mandated by course curricula and successfully meeting course objectives. Instructors may be required to evaluate student's performance by verifying their understanding of the course material, competency of learned skills, and their ability to demonstrate applied knowledge.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Coordinating with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Facilitating training, meetings, and working groups with other team members, customers, and stakeholders to identify and resolve issues.
- Initiating action items and tracking the action items for the VLinc Program Management Office (PMO).
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Obtaining customer acceptance of project deliverables.
- Managing customer satisfaction within project transition period.
- Assisting in preparing for Quarterly and Annual Program Management Reviews
- Conducting post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
REMOTE / TELEWORK POSITION