Responsibilities Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas. 1. Manages one or more programs of size and complexity, may manage an operating/field office, and supervises professional and technical personnel performing in their customary disciplines. 2. Maintains aggressive efforts to achieve objectives. 3. Prepares manpower staffing plans, including skill and labor mix, to support contract operations. May be responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff. 4. Monitors contract, subcontract, and funding; prepares forecasts of program financial performance. 5. Acquires follow-on business associated with areas of responsibility and supports new business development by leading major proposals personally, or through subordinate program/project managers.
- Works with the Task Order-level COR(s), government management personnel and customer agency representatives to support customers' missions
- Responsible for the overall management of the specific support areas and insuring that work is carried out in an effective and efficient manner
- Responsible for enforcing performance work standards; assigning work schedules; reviewing work discrepancies; and communicating policies, purposes, and objectives to the Contractor's assigned staff
Qualifications Bachelor's with 8 -12 years (or commensurate experience) Required Skills and Experience
- 8 or more years' experience in project/program development from inception to deployment to sustainment
- Specialized experience includes: project/program development, expertise in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms, demonstrated capability in managing multi-task contracts and/or subcontracts of various types and complexity
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have a valid DoD Secret clearance
VLinc Corporation is a Federal Contracting small business based out of Stafford, VA. We help our nation's military and government leaders realize their performance and cost effectiveness goals of their organizations through our expert integrated logistics, engineering, training, and strategic program management support.
We expect our staff to possess the same "mission accomplished" cultural DNA as our military and government clients within three business lines: Aviation, Maritime, & C4ISR.
VLinc employees are offered various incentives to include: Medical, Dental, Vision Cost-share plans for employees and their families. Additionally Paid Time Off plus 11 paid Federal Holidays a year are offered.
VLinc Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V.