Job Summary - The Contractor shall assist in the operation and maintenance of the Armory.
- Ensure that Command policies, regulations and safety procedures applicable to the operation of an Armory are followed
- Assist in the inventory, issue/recovery of Arms. Ammunition and Explosives and any other inventory assisgned to the Armory
- Assist in the physical security for the Armory and the associated collateral equipment and supplies
- Contractor must be proficient in the operation, inspection and the procedures described within the appropriate manuals to perform preventative and corrective maintenance for the weapons and equipment assigned to the Armory, ensuring their safe operation
- Contractor will ensure compliance with the HAZMAT Program
- Contractor will assist in maintaining records, inventories and various memoranda associated with the operation and maintenance of the Armory
- Contractor will comply with all applicable explosive safety and security regulations
- Contractor shall be able to lift 60 lbs.
- Contractor shall have a valid drivers license and be able to operate government vehicles
- Contractor must be able to complete the appropriate explosive driving course within 2 months of reporting
- Contractor shall be able to place and track orders, as well as manage a spend plan within the governments purchasing and ordering system
- Contractor must be able to work in extreme conditions to include range operations during extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions
- Contractor will be required to qualify, within 3 months of reporting, as a Duty Gunners Mate, which includes the standard Personal Defense Weapon (PDM/Pistol) as well as qualify on the governments Judgemental Use of Force (JUFE)
- Contractor must be able to operate within their alloted hours per day/week to include weekends and holidays, at varying schedules to include evenings to meet training and/or course scheduling requirements